Midwest Locators Fails the ultimate test

rakusa

Johnny,

Do you mean that someone took your spot or there was already a machine there??

Some other charity vendor took my spot.  I guess he/she was talking to the store owner at the same time Midwest was.  And now it has happened a second time Larry.  Very strange.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnny, does this have anything to do with Midwest? Did you find out anything on this?

Nothing to do w/ Midwest.  Just a coincidence I think.  I am still pissed about it because theres lots of traffic in both stores............ Posted Image 

I got charged for the locations I noticed when I got my credit card bill today but still no call or nothing.

Antonio.......that is how they do business with vendors.  The full amount gets debited first and then they proceed to get the locations.  I totally trust them.

OH ok guys didn`t know.I am going to call her though just to get an update.I don`t understand why I have located a couple of racks since I hired her and she hasn`t.

I feel that it`s because of the small amount (2) i ORDERED. oh well good things come to those who wait.

I just think it is a hard time of year to locate and with the economy the way it is does not help. I would expect a rack to take longer but I don't have any yet. They got me a triple awhile back and it took about 2 weeks, This time it has been over a month and still waiting for them to find me a DI location. Just be patient and wait it out I guess.

I just think it is a hard time of year to locate and with the economy the way it is does not help. I would expect a rack to take longer but I don't have any yet. They got me a triple awhile back and it took about 2 weeks, This time it has been over a month and still waiting for them to find me a DI location. Just be patient and wait it out I guess.

with the economy being bad most people would welcome an easy free way to make a little extra money.the econmy imo is not a major factor in this case.

they still haven`t called me back after I called them again yesterdAY.

• 2 months later...

To all here in the Midwest forum...Looking for an update from those that are using them. 

I have placed with them a total of 20 locations..the first 5 wonderful and relatively quick...I then added 15 others (total 20) and ten came through..3 fell through..and then another 2..1 has recently been removed(Ruby Tuesdays)..district manager..

At this time I have complained about 1 location that was not a producer..all of the others are producing well...

THE PROBLEM...It has been nearly three months and no new locations..They told me first that they were waiting on a new charity..I gave them a work around...Then they stated that a web site that explained "my work around" would be better..working on that...

Since I have left them a couple of e-mails...I am owed 5+ sites...I am not a happy camper...

Sorry to here about your struggles. I know Midwest is a generally well respected company around here. If they are not your cup of tea, kickstart has some good reviews also. I'm planning to add my own review eventually, but I want enough experience first to be able to make my review meaningful. (Assuming this placement goes well, I will probably want to run another 3-4 through them at least before I am comfortable heaping praise on them, so far so good)

I'm sick of both Kickstart and Midwest. Midwest, like others have said, are taking forever to get locations. Kickstart is difficult to communicate with. Sometimes Rob will answer you right away, other times you can go days without hearing from him.

Midwest at least always answers the phone.

Numbers speak for themselves, though. Kickstart is only averaging $17/mo for me while Midwest is doing $27.

Now, Kickstart owes me 3 replacements for poor locations - which is why the avg is so low and maybe why Rob is talking to me :)

And it did take a *long* time to get the replacements from Midwest (3+ months) and I'm still waiting for a final location.

Arrgh...I hate locators!

Kevin

i AM THINKING OF ASKING FOR a refund if they dont find my last location by the end of the month.

after all a month is a long enough wait.I would think 3 people makeing calls all day should make for a shorter wait.I wish I knew how they locate.do they do it on a first come first serve?do they all concentrate on 1 costumer and once they find him all his locations do they move on to the next costumer?do they do several costumers at a time?I know I have talked to 3 people that work there that have been working on my locations.

This is my post over in the "locator review section" I think it fits well in this thread so I am re-posting it here:

"I am currently trying to give Midwest the benefit of the doubt but I have been on hold on some relocates for months. The previous set of relocates took several weeks also. I haven't been able to get any really good locations through them (except 1 which changed their mind after a few months.)

I really like the way they schedule the drop off for you but they have been HORRIBLE when it comes to relocates. I am going to state that I don't want to say that they are a bad locator. I know they have been great for many people here but I have literally waited for months for several relocates. I have kept a few of the locations they got me but none of them except one met their guarantee (that one I lost because they remodeled and didn't want the machine there anymore.)

I don't mind that so much but I haven't gotten the relocates and some of the relocates I have gotten needed to be relocated again. That is fine that comes with the territory but I have been hanging here for months and I keep hearing that I will have my locations "next week"

I don't need anyone to defend them to me. I get it. I understand how it works.

I am just relaying my experience as of now. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt but this is getting ridiculous!"

I guess I am not the only one that had to wait months for a location.maybe they are swampped with orders??

Trust me.......you are not the only one.  Hang in there Antonio.

PS.......love your avatar!  She is a doll!