Midwest Locators Fails the ultimate test

rakusa

Relocating is the ultimate test of a good locator. I have been waiting for months to get  relocations due to poor performing locations . If they don't hit a decent performing location on the first shot, keep the machine covered from the dust cause it will be sitting and waiting for a new home for longer than a 3 month escrow.

There are other vendors I chat with who share the same experience with Midwest's relocating slowness. One changed to First Choice.

They must be busy with new orders of course... I was a new order at one time so I know the difference... like Joe the plumber now...

BOL all with whoever you choose. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rakusa, sorry you had a bad experience with Midwest. They have done relocations for me and I usually wait about a week. I think the most I ever waited was 2 weeks and they were pretty apologetic about it.

They've been nothing but very professional to me. I've only used 2 locators before, but I am very happy with them and plan to use them again in the future.

Anyway, I understand that in any business there will be unhappy customers. Again, sorry you had a bad experience with them.

Kevin

I'm not talking about a couple relocations here. I paid for over 40 and need over a dozen relocations. The others I speak with have more locations than I do so that is why they are mentioned.

A couple relocations like you had isn't a big test and I wouldn't mention it if that was the  situation.

I didn't say a couple :)

I have paid for 20 locations with them and will be paying for another 10 in the next week or so.

They have relocated 5 for me so far and will be relocating another 5 sometime early December (I need to get final $'s on those machines).

That's 10 out of 20 which is a higher percentage than your 12 out of 40.

Like I said, I know some people don't like Midwest. I think all of the locators here have people who have had bad experiences with them.

That being said, Midwest and Kickstart are the 2 that most of the people rave about.

I assume you waited the 45 days before asking them to relocate?

Also, what part of the country are you in? Perhaps Midwest just doesn't do well there :(

Regardless, I'm not trying to get you to stay with Midwest. I just wanted to point out that they have been very good at relocating machines for me.

Perhaps some other members can chime in with their Midwest relocating experiences - good or bad.

Kevin

This is my second rant about the slow relocations. The first was a couple months ago so this is a follow up report. I left them longer than the 45 days and close to 85 unless they were doing under $1 in the first 60 days. I still have more locations that I haven't paid for until I get this first lot tightened up. This is holding that up and frustrating this is going on the 8th month when I planned on having all located by now.

There you go again Tom, busting on Buzz Bites again! Just razzin you (lol), good to see your posting again. Wonder if the Wolfman could pitch these. "Help the kids AND get a caffeine fix at the same time"!

rakusa, Is this the case? Are you doing 100% buzz bites? If so, I can see that as being a big part of the problem due to the newness of the product and the inexperience on all  locators with that product.

Jax

• 3 weeks later...

Rakusa..

Just curious how those relocations have gone. I was quite pleased with midwest but I think they have hit a brick wall as far as completing my 20+ locations order. I am getting a bit concerned. A few of my emails have gone unanswered. I would feel a whole lot better if they just responded. I did try kickstart but they have not come thru as of yet.

Larman,

I haven't got a response to over a dozen of my emails over the past couple months. Every time it gets close to 90 days I check and remove my machines if very low sales and inform Marjorie via email every time. It's piled up to a dozen waiting for relocation.

I heard lame things about Kickstart so consider First Choice first... and please  report your experience here since they are next on my list if Midwest doesn't come through soon.

I have more machines waiting for Midwest to relocate this first group.  Midwest relocating delay is really flocking business up.

Tbird,

I have no choice but to wait and it will be 2 months with no response from Midwest. When I call Marjorie she won't speak to me unlike before. I will call again soon.

BoL and happy holidays to all...

This is very interesting. I've never had any problems getting a hold of someone at Midwest. And they have been getting me replacements.

They are a little slower now because of the holidays, but still moving.

They owed me 5 and just got me 2 on Monday. It took 2 weeks to get the 2, but Thanksgiving was in there.

Kevin

This is very interesting. I've never had any problems getting a hold of someone at Midwest. And they have been getting me replacements.

They are a little slower now because of the holidays, but still moving.

They owed me 5 and just got me 2 on Monday. It took 2 weeks to get the 2, but Thanksgiving was in there.

Kevin

I am with you Kevin.  Things go slow but I am fine with it.  In my opinion, you will never find a locator who is ' lightening fast ' etc.  It just does not work that way.  I will give everyone an example of how good Midwest is.  They have secured over 65 locations for me so far.  I went to deliver a machine to a new location they got for me yesterday.  I was turned away for some reason and brought the machine back to storage.  That rarely ever happens to me with Midwest.  I think that has happened 3-4 times out of over 65 locations.  And again for me, I am not looking to relocate machines unless the bottom line per month is totally ridiculous which it rarely is.

I had the same thing happen to me with one of the locations Midwest got for me. They turned me down for some reason. I called Midwest back and they got me another location. So far I am happy with Midwest, but I'm a little guy still, not as big as you others.

T Bird Johnny wrote:

I am with you Kevin.  Things go slow but I am fine with it.  In my opinion, you will never find a locator who is ' lightening fast ' etc.  It just does not work that way.  I will give everyone an example of how good Midwest is.  They have secured over 65 locations for me so far.  I went to deliver a machine to a new location they got for me yesterday.  I was turned away for some reason and brought the machine back to storage.  That rarely ever happens to me with Midwest.  I think that has happened 3-4 times out of over 65 locations.  And again for me, I am not looking to relocate machines unless the bottom line per month is totally ridiculous which it rarely is.

I recall you got your locations early this year when Midwest wasn't so busy but things seem different now Tbird. They also know you pump them here so best to keep one happy to prop them up and offset the ones they neglect.  Since they give you immediate responses,  you obviously profit  with top service etc. by defending and pumping them here alerting them to that fact.  I will call them again since it's been 2 months with no replies to my emails.

I try not to bug them with a phone call with the hope integrity initiates the relocations. How many emails does it take? I've sent over 10 so far and nada.

Thanks

Well, I can say that midwest always answers there phone. Has never been an issue with me. Email is a completely different story they need to improve on that. Personally I look for an acknowledgement of my email like:

"Larry...thanks for your email we are doing as much as we can to get your order filled in a timely matter. Keep in mind that December is a notoriously slow month and we are doing the best that we can"

Something like that would have been acceptable to me.

Like I have said in my opinion we dont have to many choice for locators just check the review section. Midwest is one of our better locators. I am inpatient and want things yesterday. Locating by telemarketing is a crap shoot sometimes you get some really good spots and sometimes you get some klunkers but at least with midwest you can get a replacement.

I love Midwest. I havent used them in about a year but they secured me nice locations and relocated any bad performers quickly for me. Maybe they have become slower in the last year because of the growth. Im sure venddiscuss members have added lots of business to them. I still plan on using them when I buy more machines. I love the professionalism and the locations.

In my opinion a little cusotmer service goes a long way. Unfortunately we are very limited as far as I can see in our choices for locators.  Customer service for me is a huge part of a companies percieved appearance.  It cost nothing to return emails and follow up with customers, when they stop doing it a red flag goes up.  Something like this would make me happy:

" Larry... we are in receipt of your email and are working hard at filling your request.  Just keep in December is a slow month in our industry and we are doing the best that we can"

Anyway just my 2 cents.

Something strange has gone on with my last two locations which happen to be Delis from Midwest. When I went to deliver the machine, another charity vendor had put a machine there! Very weird. We are not sure how or why that has happened twice now in the past week.

Something strange has gone on with my last two locations which happen to be Delis from Midwest. When I went to deliver the machine, another charity vendor had put a machine there! Very weird. We are not sure how or why that has happened twice now in the past week.

Johnny, that is very weird. I was about to go with midwest locators but i would feel better doing after this is all resolved. Im really to find a good full line locator in san diego:(