Dixie Narco 3 can deep machine, jamming (shims?) 600cc-340-7

I got this machine in poor condition, fully inteneded for non-commercial use.  I pulled the bill and coin mechanisms and rewired the relay for free vend.  It needed lights, wiring, compressor work and lots of love in general.  I finally got it all straight but the (3) double can columns will always jam when they are full.  The single columns work fine and thats how I have been usuing it in my gameroom for the past year.  I used a mixture of S2 and 501e/600e diagrams for parts and wiring that worked out flawlessly.  I recently bought some 600e can shims and they would not fit, so I looked at the tag again: 600cc-340-7.  I will be honest, not being a vending guy, I am not sure I identifyingthe right model.  I am sure its something simple but cannot figure out the jamming problem.  I am trying to vend 12 oz cans and all the double colums are giving me problems.    The existing double column shims are labeled c801.804.900.01 (left side) 

post-10203-0-81413800-1429757807_thumb.jpg

post-10203-0-70723100-1429757810_thumb.jpg

I did a ton of work to get this old ,machine running again (wiring, lights, compresser ect...) Label Says Dixie Narco 600cc-340-7 and set up for home use (no coin/bill mechansism and set to free vend).  There are three double wide columns that always jam when full.  The single columns are fine.  Existing double column shims are labeled C801.804.900.01 (left side example).  I bet its something simple but I have no idea.  Vending Gods, please help me out. 

post-10203-0-11800000-1429758874_thumb.jpg

post-10203-0-97219900-1429758876_thumb.jpg

That is a T model machine and the 600CC means it has a Coke door.  If it was an E model it would be a 600E model designation.  As Roger said, you need two black shims on each side of your wide column with the tall part of the shim to the back of the column.  The shims are only one sided so there are different ones for the right and the left.  This model of machine is notorious for jamming cans if you fill the wide columns so don't do that.

I have the two proper left and right hand shims installed correctly on each column.  Soooo.....by design the double can columns don't work?  This doesn't seem right at all.   When the columns are full (or fuller....ie 10 or more high) the whole column of cans shifts upward about 1/2" during the vend cycle and the jams.  This happens every time and is not sporadic.  I will get a nice video in the next few days.  If I need to start adding custom fell length shims, I am going to move to that idea if there is no solution. 

No, I meant that he shouldn't fill the wide columns full.  I don't think I made that very clear.  Since this behemoth of a machine is for his personal use he probably won't be filling it full of anything but I wanted to caution against it.  Not every 600T develops this issue but I've seen it enough.  If this was on a route then my recommendation would be to fill it and see if it malfunctions, then adjust fill levels to avoid jams.

Archived