Cans, 16.9 oz and 20oz sodas advice

I recently bought a nice acct. It has about 80-100 people. The acct has a can machine and a 45 select bevmax. The bevmax has 16 and 20 oz sodas of the same flavors available in cans. All 3 sizes sell but I was thinking of taking either the 16 or 20oz from the bevmax which lets the buyer with a can for .75 or 20oz bottle for 1.50 option. The 16 oz is a higher profit margin for me but I feel that people like the 20oz bottle better. I'd like to add some different options in the spots that I make available from the switch. Any advice? Think people would be mad? Or they just adjust and buy the can or 20 oz? Personally I'd rather give a better service by giving more options rather than 3 different sizes of the same drink.

Thanks

I recently bought a nice acct. It has about 80-100 people. The acct has a can machine and a 45 select bevmax. The bevmax has 16 and 20 oz sodas of the same flavors available in cans. All 3 sizes sell but I was thinking of taking either the 16 or 20oz from the bevmax which lets the buyer with a can for .75 or 20oz bottle for 1.50 option. The 16 oz is a higher profit margin for me but I feel that people like the 20oz bottle better. I'd like to add some different options in the spots that I make available from the switch. Any advice? Think people would be mad? Or they just adjust and buy the can or 20 oz? Personally I'd rather give a better service by giving more options rather than 3 different sizes of the same drink.

Thanks

I'd try some Arizonas in there and definitely the Monsters, both should vend well in your Bevmax.

My post might not have been clear. Currently the acct has 12,16 and 20 oz options of dew, coke and Pepsi. Think it's a good idea to take away either the 12 or 16 oz option and add something else? I have monster in there already. I was thinking of adding iced tea

Your price on 20 oz bottles doesn't leave you much profit per vend.  I'll bet you could do better with the 16 oz bottles at $1.25 and cans at .75.  You might even sell more bottles at the lower price if the $1.50 has any resistance with people.  It's interesting to hear that all three sizes of the same flavors are being sold and that they seem to be pretty good sellers, though I'll bet if you analyzed the true sales you might find that the 20 oz are the slower sellers.  The only advantage to 20 oz is that there are more flavors available than in the 16.9 oz but 16.9 usually provides for all the popular flavors.

I'm actually considering standardizing all accounts that do less than $100/week by limited the variety of 20 oz bottles that they can have.  I might leave it just to things like Coke, Diet Coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Diet Mountain Dew, and 7up products.  No diet pepsi (unless it truly sells well after initial installation), no dr. pepper.  No sprite.  Etc...  I'd much rather sell cans and I'd much rather throw a few cans away if they expire than a few bottles.

I sorta had a problem with something like this at a factory, where I had 16,9 dew then a 12oz can dew, they would buy the can and let my bottles dates run out so I don't use the same flavores, I change it up in the cans like moondog said. Arizona, sunkist, big red, root beer, yoohoo, etc

It's kinda a pain to have diff flavors to keep up with but I don't pack it out n do good with it like this, my main coke, Pepsi etc in 16.9 bottles move good now

Archived