LPM-2

Two LPM-2s with bill accepters on location and working ok are available.  I have read the specs but didn't find if they would support CC readers.  Even though older machines, do they hold up ok?

They can support MDB if they have the large capacitor logic boards in them.  You'll then need the MDB harness added to the machine to use a card reader.  Let me know if you need the harnesses for that.

AZ: How do I identify large cap board.  How much for the harness? Are these machines pretty reliable and parts available? From all my reading, I gather that even older AP and Crane units are ok? 

The LCM is pretty good, solid, and parts shouldn't be a problem for a while, plus they look nice. They can be upgraded with an aftermarket board. I wouldn't worry about an LCM personally as long as the price is reasonable. I think you'll be happy with it aside from apparently being difficult ONLY in not knowing what board/harnessing is in it. If you know what's in it though, you'll be fine.

If you are using a stand alone C/C it has to be mounted above the control board. That makes it real high to use. You can buy a replacement board that has MDB for about $150. You will still need harness which should be more than $20

AZ: How do I identify large cap board.  How much for the harness? Are these machines pretty reliable and parts available? From all my reading, I gather that even older AP and Crane units are ok? 

There will be a large capacitor sticking out through the logic board cover if it's MDB capable.  The harness is $25 and parts are available except for metal parts and the cabinet harness behind the shelves - possibly also the shelf harnesses.

Archived