Old Vendo Shim

pp47021

I just picked up a small vendo machine. The tag says its a V312... Its a Dr. Pepper six selection machine. I needed a solid small machine and I found this one supper cheap with a recently refurbished bill acceptor and changer. The compressor was replaced less than a year ago as well and the guy just wanted it out of his garage so I ran off with it, and took it stright to a location. After arriving at the location I could not get the first 4 columns to set up and vend right when set to 2 deep, it would drop both cans out everytime. After closer inspection of the last two columns which were already set for 2 deep and vending right I noticed that they had shims. So I am assuming I am missing the shims to make the other 4 columns work when set for two deep.

Does anyone know where I can find shims for this old machine? Thanks for the help...

You first need to provide a photo of what your motors look like.  If you got a lowering shelf machine then you are SOL as those all get junked.  I've parted a few out but not kept any shims.  If you have rotors inside each column then there is hope but an additional photo of what the shim looks like will be required. 

For future reference, if you really need a small machine stick with the DN276.  It will always have most of it's parts available as used in the very least.

I don't recall there being any shims for 12 oz cans in those columns.  That's a lowering shelf machine which I always tell people to stay far away from.  The wide columns should all have motor cams with 4 nubs on the edges for ending each of the four vends in each wide column.  If you are missing any of those nubs on the wide column cams then you need to replace the cams, which I have some of.  Two-deep vending on the narrow columns requires two nubs on each motor cam.  The shims you see in two of the wide columns might have been for 10 oz bottles, but are those columns vending cans okay?  If so then you probably need the shims for the other two columns but, as I said before, those parts aren't available and I never saved any from machines I parted out.  I can check around and see if anyone I know has an old Vendo they are parting out to get the shims out of.

Everytime I hear this about a lowering shelves I find that they are being loaded incorrectly, First two cans should be set on top of the bar. Otherwise they fall straight through. put about 8 cans in and then vend it about 4 times. I have one in my driveway that is getting ready for the scales. I will check to see if it has any shims. Like AZ I don't think it does.

I don't recall there being any shims for 12 oz cans in those columns.  That's a lowering shelf machine which I always tell people to stay far away from.  The wide columns should all have motor cams with 4 nubs on the edges for ending each of the four vends in each wide column.  If you are missing any of those nubs on the wide column cams then you need to replace the cams, which I have some of.  Two-deep vending on the narrow columns requires two nubs on each motor cam.  The shims you see in two of the wide columns might have been for 10 oz bottles, but are those columns vending cans okay?  If so then you probably need the shims for the other two columns but, as I said before, those parts aren't available and I never saved any from machines I parted out.  I can check around and see if anyone I know has an old Vendo they are parting out to get the shims out of.

Thanks so much... The white cams have two nubs and they are on the narrow columns. The black cams all had two nubs best I can remember and they are all on the double columns. pm me and let me know how much those cams you have would cost me...maybe that will fix my problem as you suggust...

Archived