Vending machine monthly electrical cost PDF

Hoping you guys might have a PDF or reference material I could send a customer. They are one of my top accounts and don't get commission. I have a good relationship with the property manager so she is trying to keep me from having to pay commission but the board of owners for the high rise wants me to pay for the machines electic cost because they "think it must be $100's" running 24/7

She personally knows it's a laughable cost but she needs something to show the board at there next meeting what the electrical cost is so they stop bothering her to get money from me.

They have one of the fortune resource combo machines from 1800 vending and yes I bought the account not the machine lol

Anyone have a PDF or reference sheet in simple numbers? She doesn't want them to have to do math for fear of there idiocy showing.

Hoping you guys might have a PDF or reference material I could send a customer. They are one of my top accounts and don't get commission. I have a good relationship with the property manager so she is trying to keep me from having to pay commission but the board of owners for the high rise wants me to pay for the machines electic cost because they "think it must be $100's" running 24/7

She personally knows it's a laughable cost but she needs something to show the board at there next meeting what the electrical cost is so they stop bothering her to get money from me.

They have one of the fortune resource combo machines from 1800 vending and yes I bought the account not the machine lol

Anyone have a PDF or reference sheet in simple numbers? She doesn't want them to have to do math for fear of there idiocy showing.

Refer units are difficult to calculate energy consumption since most or their main power consumption takes place only when the compressor kicks in so you can't really tell what the hours of operation are using conventional calculations.  I'd pick up something like this little gizmo http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Consumption-Meter-Energy-Kwh-Watt-Volt-Amps-Electricity-Calculator-Monitor-/281175194344.  It should prove that your energy consumption is really not that much - I'd guess less than $10 a month.

The machine won't use any more power than a freezer of the same size.  Go to a retail store and see what the average annual cost to run a freezer is and use that number.

The machine won't use any more power than a freezer of the same size.  Go to a retail store and see what the average annual cost to run a freezer is and use that number.

You have to remember that he is dealing with a Condo board here.  These are usually the few residents with nothing better to do that they can con into taking this position. Anybody with any knowledge about anything won't sit on these boards.  If you want to get really frustrated go attend one of these meetings - the total ignorance is overwhelming so you have to keep your evidence indisputable.

Since the machines are on site already

Buy a “Killawatt” meter and measure the actual usage for a week and do the math for monthly costs.

http://www.amazon.com/P3-P4400-Electricity-Usage-Monitor/dp/B00009MDBU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437166138&sr=8-1&keywords=kill+a+watt+usage+monitor

The Killawatt is a very accurate and handy device for measuring usage as it does measures the “true power” used as “apparent power” is what most other equipment will give you and there is about 30% difference in the readings.

Please note the model I linked to will reset all data to zero if the power is interrupted. So write down the numbers before unplug the device.

Make sure the board understands that lack of a commission allows your prices lower than the local convenience store and provide a receipt from the closest store. In short you do not pay the commission so much as the residences do as vend price will need to increase and cover any new cost.

I would not trust any data you find on the net as usage varies so much from model to model plus usage and environment will make big difference in the readings.

Walta

Thanks guys I'll pickup the Kilowatt device. Moondog hit the nail on the head with dealing with a Condo board. The property manager knows it's a waste of both of our time but thankfully she's trying to keep them off our backs.

Walta glad you mentioned that cause I would have unplugged the device assuming it was saved before recording the reading without question!!

Archived