AP Snack machine issue

On my bottom row 2 of the columns are not working at all.  At first I figured the motors were bad but I have an identical machine so I took out the bottom shelf of that machine I knew was working and placed it in the machine that the 2 columns weren't working and they still don't work?  Its seems like those 2 columns aren't programmed into the machine.  Any suggestions? 

Those 2 selections don't work when the shelf is placed into a DIFFERENT machine?  If so, then there is probably a bad connection somewhere on the back of that shelf.

What model AP is it?

Check for any loose or damaged wires going to those 2 motors.  If it is a wiring issue, the motors should be side-by-side and you should be able to find something loose or damaged.

Since this happened with a different shelf in the same position then your likely problem is in the cabinet harness.  Look at the female socket behind the shelf for any slot in it where you can't see two shiny metal pieces.  If you only see one or none in two of the slots then those slots are damaged.  If you do see two shiny spots in each socket slot then check the harness where it plugs into the logic board and from there back to where it goes to the first shelf connector.  You may find a pinched or broken wire, especially if the clip that holds the harness to the top of the cabinet between the logic board and the first connector has come loose and left the harness hanging.  If you have a damaged connector then you will have to move those two wires to other unused slots and move the corresponding wires on your shelf in the same manner.  Keep in mind that moving the wires will change your selection numbers.

Archived