Where do you buy your products?

I buy most through Vistar. Candy at Sams club as they are cheaper then everyone. 20oz Soda through Pepsi. Cans and Gatorade through local supermarkets as they are always sale. I work at a supermarket and live walking distance to another so I am not waisting gas and time driving around.

I get all my candy/chips/etc. from Sams. My snack operation is tiny, so I can't really justify ordering things yet until I'm at a volume to make up for it. All my soda gear is cans, so I just ride the sales- there's always some store with the name brands on sale around here.

75-90% of cans from Sam's Club. 90% of snacks from Sam's. All other snacks and cans from merchant's mart.

I use merchant's mart to offset the lack of variety from Sam's. I get Herr's and a few other things from merchant's mart like 16 oz water. I also get bulk packs of peanuts from there because they are cheap. Herr's jalapeño poppers and cheese popcorn sell great!

Thank you everyone for the response.  Vistar I never heard of so I will def. reach out to them to see how I can do business with them.

Do you guys have a resellers permit??? 

Vistar, Coke and Pepsi and kalil (Arizona's local monster bottler)......sometimes sam's club 

Also with Kalil!. and merchant's mart

75-90% of cans from Sam's Club. 90% of snacks from Sam's. All other snacks and cans from merchant's mart.

I use merchant's mart to offset the lack of variety from Sam's. I get Herr's and a few other things from merchant's mart like 16 oz water. I also get bulk packs of peanuts from there because they are cheap. Herr's jalapeño poppers and cheese popcorn sell great!

Yes Sams dont have a Variety at all. I spoke with someone at Frito Lay and they have it where you can order what you want. The only draw back is the pricing is already on the bag. :(

I get all my candy/chips/etc. from Sams. My snack operation is tiny, so I can't really justify ordering things yet until I'm at a volume to make up for it. All my soda gear is cans, so I just ride the sales- there's always some store with the name brands on sale around here.

If u dont mind defin tiny. Im in the process of acquiring 4 machines. 

I'm doing 12oz Coke core products from Costco ($0.25/can) and then flavors when they're on sale at Target and Wal-Mart (got 'em at $0.28/can a few weeks ago).

Take my advice, never buy tax-free at Target, it's the most painful check-out experience you will ever have. Tax-free at Wal-Mart is great though, they give you a customer ID card ;D

If u dont mind defin tiny. Im in the process of acquiring 4 machines. 

You need to have a sellers permit at the bare minimum to vend anything, at least around here. Check your local laws and regulations, as some places require health inspections, additional tags, labels, insurance, etc. It all depends on where you live.

I've got three snack machines at this point in time, with a 4th (hopefully) on the way. None of my accounts are by any means "big".

In some states, like Georgia, your sales and use tax certificate acts as your resale certificate.  If you want to do it the completely legal way, then yes, you do need one and you may need some other things as well.

In some states, like Georgia, your sales and use tax certificate acts as your resale certificate.  If you want to do it the completely legal way, then yes, you do need one and you may need some other things as well.

OK what other things??? I know i need to file LLC, EIN, Sales and use tax, Permit for each machine...

OK what other things??? I know i need to file LLC, EIN, Sales and use tax, Permit for each machine...

So you've got the basics right there, except I'm not sure what permit you're talking about for each machine.  I'm sure there's more in-depth tax stuff that I don't know about but you should be fine with just that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived