Royal Merlin III Flavor lables change out?

Firetad4

If you can't extract the labels then take a good new label and slide it into the button in front of the old label about 1/2 way. Start pulling the new one out and it should begin to drag the old one with it. Help the old label out the rest of the way. If your labels are broken inside the button then you'll need to remove the button to attempt extracting the label. You might be able to break it into small pieces but sometimes it's just easier to replace the button which is probably pretty weathered and worn as well.

Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom if you need buttons or any labels.

If your buttons run down the door then you access them from behind them. The Royals often have a latch on the top left corner of the coin mech door that you have to pry loose to release the coin mech door and access the buttons. Sometimes there's even a phillips screw holding the coin mech door closed. The buttons themselves are open on their left sides for the labels.

Okay thanks, one more question on this same machine. Is there anything different I need to do as far as shims or anything to vend any 16 ounce cans? Or do I just have to set the depth bracket and program the depth?

On most royals, the machine uses a drop sensor. Shims are generally only necessary when the diameter of the product changes. So if the 16oz cans are the same diameter as 12 oz, and you're just going from 12oz to 16oz, you shouldn't need shims.

You do need to adjust the spacer/bracket and you should adjust the set depth. I don't know what that number will be though. It depends on how many cans deep a column will be. On a 650, it's either 1 deep or 2 deep.

The stack vendors like this had virtually no shims made for different products.  Luckily for you the 16 oz cans are the same diameter as 12 oz cans so you only need to go into the programming and set the depth for that column to 2. Then you adjust your rear spacer to pull the front can to within 1/2" of the front of the stack.  You'll then need to test the setup as many Royal stackers have trouble dropping the second product due to their poor vend algorithms for anything other than 1 or 3 deep.

Archived