Odd question about snack vending motors

RJT

A little bit of an odd question but my son and I enjoy building Halloween props. I was wondering if I could use snack machine motor in a prop to make it move. Can I run it straight to a 110 plug in? Also I no a control board makes the motor turn so how would I over ride that to make it turn without an actual vending control board? I plan on using a motion sensor like used for an outside light. 

Sorry for such an odd question but figured the vending repair experts would know the answer to this. 

Thanks guys!! 

Unless you got the motors to an old AP 435 110v will release the magic smoke, and motors don't work once they've released the magic smoke. ;D

With that said, the choice of motor depends on what you will need it to do ie full rotations, oscillations, weight of prop, etc.

If you are rotating a moderate weight item in full circles, AP 7600 motors are good, they take 24 VDC, use a relay and a microprocessor like Arduino or Raspberry Pi. Or you could redneck it, use two car batteries in series and a switch.

If you need it to hold a position you need servo motors, these have encoders in them to sense where they are and can hold something steady.

Unless you got the motors to an old AP 435 110v will release the magic smoke, and motors don't work once they've released the magic smoke. ;D

With that said, the choice of motor depends on what you will need it to do ie full rotations, oscillations, weight of prop, etc.

If you are rotating a moderate weight item in full circles, AP 7600 motors are good, they take 24 VDC, use a relay and a microprocessor like Arduino or Raspberry Pi. Or you could redneck it, use two car batteries in series and a switch.

If you need it to hold a position you need servo motors, these have encoders in them to sense where they are and can hold something steady.

Yeppers dont want no smoke which is why I asked here first. :) 

Use 110v motors like soda motors (off the top of my head I can't think of a 110v snack motor) or use a power supply with 24v motors.  As long as you supply steady current to the motor it will turn as long as you like.  I like the soda motor idea myself - more reliable to use 110v and you can simply power the winding leads.

Use 110v motors like soda motors (off the top of my head I can't think of a 110v snack motor) or use a power supply with 24v motors.  As long as you supply steady current to the motor it will turn as long as you like.  I like the soda motor idea myself - more reliable to use 110v and you can simply power the winding leads.

Thanks guys!!

Archived