Best car you ever had...

PerformaVending

I was talking with a couple of coworkers about cars, and we got to talking about "the best car we ever had", and I was really surprised at what made the cars the "best" for each of us. For one coworker it was for a junker with sentimental value, for another, it was a classic Dodge Charger she regrets selling to this day, while for me I was just happy about my heated seats! :rolleyes:

The best car I ever had is probably the one I've got now. It's an 03' Oldsmobile Silhouette with a lot of miles and a lot of features left from when it was a "fancier" GM van than the rest. Far from new, but it's easily the nicest ride I've ever had. 

88dd15f1fbbca789d7f761c508bb6074.png

The whole thing got me wondering, what's the best car you guys have ever had?

Alex, I had a Pontiac Montana from 2000 (basically your car rebadged) and it was easily the worst POS I've ever had.

HVAC blower crapped out, Drivers window broke, tranny was crapping out and we finally got rid of it when it failed smog.

Got rid of it 2012 so 12 years, for comparison my 10 year old Honda Pilot was still going strong when I sold it to Carmax.

F GM

PS I'm surprised that the WI winters hasn't claimed it yet.

Alex, I had a Pontiac Montana from 2000 (basically your car rebadged) and it was easily the worst POS I've ever had.

HVAC blower crapped out, Drivers window broke, tranny was crapping out and we finally got rid of it when it failed smog.

Got rid of it 2012 so 12 years, for comparison my 10 year old Honda Pilot was still going strong when I sold it to Carmax.

F GM

PS I'm surprised that the WI winters hasn't claimed it yet.

Well, I am pretty fortunate that the last owners of this one had the transmission redone in 2010- but that's most GM stuff. I'm well aware of the various electrical issues though- lots of lights and buttons just don't "do" anything, though I did get the power sliding doors working again. Still don't have a clock in it though! :rolleyes:

The frame has a LOT of rust that you can't see, but the reason the body is so nice overall, unlike my Chrysler T&C before it, is that this thing is mostly plastic. The whole bottom third of the van is all plastic paneling. So, it is rusted horribly, just not where anyone can see it.

Archived