Dixie Narco 5591 Select Next Item (n) Message

Motors all work on test vend mode.

Set all prices.

But when I put money in to purchase a drink a few selections say Select next item (n)?

Why is that, can someone help me fix that problem. It's not a whole row but it is one selection in each row. Thank you for any input.

You should start with the TEST MODE and press key C for Self Test.  If the result is other than ERRS 9 then you have a problem with one or more selections.  Press B in the TEST MODE and if VEND ERR is shown press the A key and the first faulty selection will display.  Write it down and continue pressing A until all errors have been displayed and the display returns to VEND ERR.  If this results in a list of selections on a variety of shelves then you can rule out a shelf harness or solenoid issue.  If they are all on the same shelf then it could be a shelf harness or the logic board.  If the errors are in a variety of places then check one or two to see if the solenoids are unplugged from the harness.  If this has been a working machine up until now then you probably don't have several disconnected solenoids.  If you have a MEM ERR then you must do a MASTER RESET of the machine and then reprogram it from scratch.  If you have a BAD RAM error then your board is bad.

Once all errors have been viewed you can clear all the errors.  Do this in the TEST MODE by pressing key 0 and then the * key when the display shows CLEAR ERRORS.  

If your problem is the same selection in each row then you probably have a bad driver chip on the logic board and it needs to be replaced.  Email me if you need a board for it.

Archived