What makes up a rack?

dperry

Hello all you toy venders.  I'm branching out into racks as you know.  I have my first rack made up now, but I have a question of semantics.  Is this a "rack" or is it just a large "Triple"?

Basically it's a 25" 2" cap machine and 2 1.1" cap machines on a 1" pipe stand with a 1x6x24 piece of wood as the crossbar to hold them.  They all are selling cap toys: no candy or gum.  But that still makes it a rack, right?

Not sure if it's really considered a rack, but I would not get hung up on defining what a rack is.  If you have a location that this works in - great, call it whatever you want.  If the thing starts cranking a $100/month, make it bigger.

I'm working right now to upgrade locations with some "J" stands.

I think a rack would be well you know a rack with machines on top and on the lower level.your set up probably is considered a stand.but hey if it makes you money who cares what u call it??!!imo that machine is a step down from what u should have if the lacation makes 80+$$ a month.

I consider what you have there a triple.  ;)

I consider 5-ways and up to be a "rack."  A typical rack to me has 2- 2" machines on top and 3- 1" toy/gum/candy machines on bottom. 

4-ways (2 up, 2 down, all .25 1" vends) use the same rack stand but I don't count them, probably because I am overthinking it. :) LOL

A rack to me basically is 5 heads or more on a stand with at least 1 .50 vend.

• 1 month later...

I just serviced it for the first time this weekend. It did a total of $22 for 56 days. Obviously it didn't see a lot of abuse. But to answer your question; it's holding up well just fine.

Yeah thanks for the update. Is that a NW triple bracket and stand? I recently had to remove a rack and it was a pain in the a**. I think that set up will be less of a pain to locate and relocate if need be. Look on the bright side $22 is better than collecting dust in the garage.

TCoop

Yeah thanks for the update. Is that a NW triple bracket and stand?

This was a simple 1" pipe stand with a 1x6x23 slab of wood as the bracket.  Had Lowes cut it to size at the store, and I drilled holes for the screws and painted it black.  That was all I needed to do.

Yes, it's true.  Taking in $22 is better than sitting in the garage.  And it will sit there until I find a better place for it.

Yes, it's true.  Taking in $22 is better than sitting in the garage.  And it will sit there until I find a better place for it.

most of the time this is true.sometimes it isn`t.at 25% cog that would leave only 16.50 left.did u give a commission out of that 22$$?is your vehicle a gas hog?

is the location close or far?is it on the way to other locations or is it isolated?in most cases it is better to have a little money then none,it depends on other factors too.

most of the time this is true.sometimes it isn`t.at 25% cog that would leave only 16.50 left.did u give a commission out of that 22$$?is your vehicle a gas hog?

is the location close or far?is it on the way to other locations or is it isolated?in most cases it is better to have a little money then none,it depends on other factors too.

Of course this is all true. As it happens, this location is on the way to another farther location so this helps to make the farther location even more appealing.  The farther location does good at about $30 per 2 month cycle of just gumballs.  But yes, I did pay a commission of 25%.  I also pulled out the worst performer (Monkeyn' Around did $2.25) and put in super balls.  If I have to leave it until I find a better spot, at least I'm going to try an milk it for all it's worth.