First time vending do these profits look good?

fcortes626

Doing some calculations before I put my first rack of vending machines. It has 10 round beaver heads and I attached a picture of the candy I have selected. Does it look good in terms of the amount of candy being sold per turn, the profit, and price I bought the candy at? The smaller candy like Skittles, M&m's, Reeses Pieces, and Skull and Bones are all at the lowest settings so those I can not adjust for less. Should I adjust any of the amounts of given candy in any of them? Did I buy the candy at a good price or should I look elsewhere for a better price?

Also as a note: My cousin is letting me put the machines at his Meat Market and he is not going to charge me, gas expenses driving over there shouldn't be a problem because I go to his place once every week any ways, and the place where I bought the candy was only a 10 minute drive from where I work.

post-12035-0-76380900-1469395122_thumb.jpg

Do you have a sams club nearby? Skittles are about $6.50/bag and, if they have them, hot tamales and Mike and ikes are about $7.50/bag

They also have 1" gumballs for about $22. Even if you have to ship those, it's about 3 cents/gumball.

Do you have a sams club nearby? Skittles are about $6.50/bag and, if they have them, hot tamales and Mike and ikes are about $7.50/bag

They also have 1" gumballs for about $22. Even if you have to ship those, it's about 3 cents/gumball.

Yes there is one not too far.  They don't show skittles, hot tamales, or mike and ike online so I will have to go check it out. Might check out costco too. I did see skittles at walmart for $6.98 for a 41oz bag. The bag I got is a 54oz for $9 so it is pretty much the same price. There is a 850 count box of gumballs at sams for $20 so I will buy those there next time for sure.

Probably only going to find mm and pmm at Costco.

The skittles at sams are 54oz for $6.50.I've noticed they started carrying the 56 oz mm/pmm bags again for just under $10

What part of the country are you in?

Probably only going to find mm and pmm at Costco.

The skittles at sams are 54oz for $6.50.I've noticed they started carrying the 56 oz mm/pmm bags again for just under $10

What part of the country are you in?

Yea I payed 16 cents/oz on skittles, mnms, and peanut mnms so I will have to check Sam's club.

I am in California, Los Angeles county. I bought them in Down Town Los Angeles where all the wholesale warehouses are. That place sells nothing but toys and candies that's why I went there. It was the cheapest place I found compared to online prices. Online like on gumballs.com skittles go for like $16. Do you need a membership for sams?

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2016 at 6:01 PM, fcortes626 said:

Yes there is one not too far.  They don't show skittles, hot tamales, or mike and ike online so I will have to go check it out. Might check out costco too. I did see skittles at walmart for $6.98 for a 41oz bag. The bag I got is a 54oz for $9 so it is pretty much the same price. There is a 850 count box of gumballs at sams for $20 so I will buy those there next time for sure.

I used those gumballs at Sam's. They would barely sell and after a year I wound up giving much of it away. After that I started ordering gumballs filled with nerds made by Oak leaf and other flavors. Many people like Ford so I just recently bought a box of that. I still like Oak leaf. To give you an idea how much better; I don't have many machines and I only have 4 of them gumball machines. With just 4 machines I've already gone through 4 cases this year.

My learning lesson was the profit margin might be slightly smaller but my turnover rate is quicker with better quality gumballs.

On 9/3/2016 at 11:01 PM, iwannaapple said:

I used those gumballs at Sam's. They would barely sell and after a year I wound up giving much of it away. After that I started ordering gumballs filled with nerds made by Oak leaf and other flavors. Many people like Ford so I just recently bought a box of that. I still like Oak leaf. To give you an idea how much better; I don't have many machines and I only have 4 of them gumball machines. With just 4 machines I've already gone through 4 cases this year.

My learning lesson was the profit margin might be slightly smaller but my turnover rate is quicker with better quality gumballs.

How much does the oak leaf cost you?

9 hours ago, Determined said:

How much does the oak leaf cost you?

My first order was Black cherry gumballs. Those were $35 w/ 12.75 for shipping = $47.75.

My second order was:

Bubble King Soft chew gumballs $39, Nerds Candy center gumballs $49, Shipping: $25.50 for a total of $113.50

And my third order was for Ford Splash gumballs for $39 + $12.75 for shipping which totaled to $51.75.

I haven't put out the Ford's yet but I expect to put them out at the end of this month and they will probably be gone at the beginning of January.

On doing this answer for you I noticed one thing. It took ten months to sell the box of black cherry and 8 months to sell the Bubble King soft chews and the Nerd gumballs (Those are real good). 2 boxes more were sold in a shorter time and I only added one more machine during that time.

So, doing the math real quick my cost was $213 and my profit margin will be $637 by January when I sell off the fords. I hope they go well. I really liked the nerd gumballs. My wife actually yelled at me 'cause I got something different.

Here is one of my machines I'm proud of:

L1012811.JPG

Archived