Do you think Goats milk soap would sell in a vending machine?

iwannaapple

Hi all,

My wife is kinda bummed out because her homemade goat milk soap is not selling well. It's actually pretty good and comes in all different kind of flavors and scents with stuff to keep your skin soft. Besides the bars, she sells these little designer ones that would fit perfect in a 2" capsule. Do y'all think it would sell in my Northern Beaver I'm trying to put out which of course I can't put out yet because I don't have the wrench. It being early in the morning and me about ready to go to work I got this crazy idea. Selling her soap in the machine I think would be a great idea. What do y'all think? By the way, if y'all would like to try it, let me know on here or just say it would be a good idea for a little survey.

Sounds like a good idea to me. You'll need to experiment with finding the right venue but once you figure that out, I can see these selling very well. Make an attractive ad to display on the front of the machine with all the different kinds of soap. Call it the "Soap Shack" or something cool.

Do yall do festivals? Farmers markets? Try taking a double head or rack with gumballs, toys, and soap next time. Or getting a booth and just vending soap. You don't even have to be there.

Also if you do full line vending, avoid putting the soap in there if it has a strong scent. Food can take on the flavor of the soap scent.

22 hours ago, iwannaapple said:

Hi all,

My wife is kinda bummed out because her homemade goat milk soap is not selling well. It's actually pretty good and comes in all different kind of flavors and scents with stuff to keep your skin soft. Besides the bars, she sells these little designer ones that would fit perfect in a 2" capsule. Do y'all think it would sell in my Northern Beaver I'm trying to put out which of course I can't put out yet because I don't have the wrench. It being early in the morning and me about ready to go to work I got this crazy idea. Selling her soap in the machine I think would be a great idea. What do y'all think? By the way, if y'all would like to try it, let me know on here or just say it would be a good idea for a little survey.

Honestly, I do not think that this soap is a good candidate for vending, as it is a specialty, not commodity product. However, how are you guys marketing it currently? There are many possible reasons it isn't selling, one is that you are not marketing correctly, the other is that there is no market for it as is, also, it could be not a good value.

I'm not a bulk vendor, but I'd think these would have a chance if you could find  a complementary location.

My initial thought was at/near a bed bath and beyond or a mall beauty parlour.

Another thought would be as a leader inside a store that retails her product - So if she could find a retailer that would buy from her and onsell, you could put a 'sample size' bulk machine that dispenses a random scent for customers to try something new, this could drive sales as customers return for full size product after using a random scent they might not otherwise have tried.

4 hours ago, falls said:

I'm not a bulk vendor, but I'd think these would have a chance if you could find  a complementary location.

Another thought would be as a leader inside a store that retails her product - So if she could find a retailer that would buy from her and onsell, you could put a 'sample size' bulk machine that dispenses a random scent for customers to try something new, this could drive sales as customers return for full size product after using a random scent they might not otherwise have tried.

Great idea. Thanks. We will definitely work on it and thanks for your support.

On 9/10/2016 at 7:02 AM, falls said:

Your not going to believe this but I thought you might like to know. A retailer found her today and called her. The store owner wants to sell her soap in her store. She has the very kind of store that sells this kind of stuff and she wants us to meet Saturday.

Oh believe you me, the sample size bulk machine will come next. Great idea! Now I have to hurry up and save for another machine. (Maybe my wife will buy it with her soap money?)

Archived