Nonprofit organizations

Determined

You don't think that the nccs is a real charity? I also asked the question because I've been told once before that because it's "nonprofit" no one's technically allowed to earn money on the premises? So maybe it's a tough sell. 

1 hour ago, rodney69 said:

Charities themselves can't show a profit, but the people working there make plenty on the bigger ones

Actually not true. They have to spend a percent of their income. They can make money for their mission. Eved a profit over multiple years for their mission (Raise funds for a church expansion via a multi-year campaign)

My recommendation if you want to expand your vending into these areas. Consider profit sharing. I once participated in a bubblegum machine profit sharing program with a local club I was a member of. The membership went out and found sites that the vendor incorporated into his route. We received a percentage check periodically. Eventually it fell apart as the vendor sold the route (or attempted to) multiple times and the buyers would back out.  It made money but the buyers were ignorant of vending. Eventually it sold bu tthe buyer refused to pay us. I still find machines periodically with our label in the glass. At one time we had maybe 45-50 sites. All we added for a cut. I think it was only 15%

24 minutes ago, Gunpowder said:

Actually not true. They have to spend a percent of their income. They can make money for their mission. Eved a profit over multiple years for their mission (Raise funds for a church expansion via a multi-year campaign)

Right, but it's delegated towards the building. That's not profit, that's used for expansion. 

4 hours ago, Determined said:

You don't think that the nccs is a real charity? I also asked the question because I've been told once before that because it's "nonprofit" no one's technically allowed to earn money on the premises? So maybe it's a tough sell. 

I should have stated make money for personal gain.

26 minutes ago, Gunpowder said:

My recommendation if you want to expand your vending into these areas. Consider profit sharing. I once participated in a bubblegum machine profit sharing program with a local club I was a member of. The membership went out and found sites that the vendor incorporated into his route. We received a percentage check periodically. Eventually it fell apart as the vendor sold the route (or attempted to) multiple times and the buyers would back out.  It made money but the buyers were ignorant of vending. Eventually it sold bu tthe buyer refused to pay us. I still find machines periodically with our label in the glass. At one time we had maybe 45-50 sites. All we added for a cut. I think it was only 15%

I've approached a couple previous charities with a plan like this and they didn't show much interest unfortunately.

I just put a sticker machine in a kids museum and since they are a 501 (c) i just donate 25% of gross to them. I pitched 20% of any other machines added later, like toy or gumball, since COG can fluctuate quite a bit. But it's great because my daughter loves going there and they are looking to expand in the next few years to add more stuff and appeal to a broader age group and im proud to help.

I would bet those stores would be great locations, just remember that it may be easier to earmark their cut as a "donation" as opposed to a "commission". For their paperwork.

32 minutes ago, Zigzag Vending said:

I just put a sticker machine in a kids museum and since they are a 501 (c) i just donate 25% of gross to them. I pitched 20% of any other machines added later, like toy or gumball, since COG can fluctuate quite a bit. But it's great because my daughter loves going there and they are looking to expand in the next few years to add more stuff and appeal to a broader age group and im proud to help.

I would bet those stores would be great locations, just remember that it may be easier to earmark their cut as a "donation" as opposed to a "commission". For their paperwork.

I'll try that donation instead of commission. I do think they will be great locations if I can get them.

I just put a sticker machine in a kids museum and since they are a 501 © i just donate 25% of gross to them. I pitched 20% of any other machines added later, like toy or gumball, since COG can fluctuate quite a bit. But it's great because my daughter loves going there and they are looking to expand in the next few years to add more stuff and appeal to a broader age group and im proud to help.

That's pretty cool. I never thought a museum would take a machine.

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

Archived