Issues with DMV-72w-10

EddieMac

Good Day Everyone,

I have a Dixie Narco DMV-72w-10 that would not take coins last week.  It has a Coinco 9302-LF.  I unplugged the machine from the wall, took the coin mech out and looked at it, then put it back in.  It started working.  I don't know why, I didn't do anything to it.

Then a couple of days later the BA30B (15 pin, 117v) wouldn't take some dollars.  Sometimes it would, sometimes it wouldn't.  Then a few days later it quit taking dollars altogethe.  The red light on the validator isn't on anymore.  It still takes coins and vends, just not dollars.  I replaced the BA30B with another BA30B and it still doesn't take dollars.  The red light is not on on this one either.  

Could the coin mech be causing this or do you think there is something else going on?

Up until now it has been working fine for years.

Thank you for your help.

EVS19.jpg

This is probably all signs of a bad coin mech.  Intermittently accepting coins and now not enabling the validator means it probably needs to be re-tuned and that the nickle tube sensor is not working.  If you need an exchange unit you can email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.

If your coin mech is still working okay, then do you have plenty of change in each tube of the coin mech?  If just one tube is empty or low, that will disable a bill acceptor.

Also, a Coinco bill acceptor with a status light that is off, usually means the bill acceptor is being disabled by something else in the machine.  Replacing the bill acceptor will never make its light come back on, unless the validator just happens to be totally dead; if it's totally dead, it won't start up at all when you give it power.  I rarely see that type of failure happen on Coincos happen.

17 hours ago, Vendors Tech said:

If your coin mech is still working okay, then do you have plenty of change in each tube of the coin mech?  If just one tube is empty or low, that will disable a bill acceptor.

Also, a Coinco bill acceptor with a status light that is off, usually means the bill acceptor is being disabled by something else in the machine.  Replacing the bill acceptor will never make its light come back on, unless the validator just happens to be totally dead; if it's totally dead, it won't start up at all when you give it power.  I rarely see that type of failure happen on Coincos happen.

The coin tubes are full.  Both BA30B units did not make any noise at all when the machine was powered up.  I am going to try a different 9302-LF in it to see what that does.

On a side note:  I see people saying that a MAG50 can replace the older BA30Bs.  Is that true?

3 hours ago, EddieMac said:

The coin tubes are full.  Both BA30B units did not make any noise at all when the machine was powered up.  I am going to try a different 9302-LF in it to see what that does.

On a side note:  I see people saying that a MAG50 can replace the older BA30Bs.  Is that true?

If neither one made any noise, then either both those bill acceptors are dead totally, or you have a validator harness/control board problem.

• 2 weeks later...

What I've done is replaced the 9302-LF with a refurbished one.  It works fine.  However, neither of the BA30B DBAs that I put in will even turn on.  I guess it's possible that both are dead, but could it be a harness or something else too?

Which should I replace first?  The DBA, the harness, or the board, or through it out and buy another machine?   It has a refurbished refer that I just put in it earlier this year.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2016 at 7:10 PM, Vendors Tech said:

This BA30B does not power up at all on the DMV-72w-10. I took the harness and one of the two BA30B's that I have and tried it on the drink machine that I bought from you last year. It powers on, but does nothing else. The red light comes on, but it will not take a dollar. I didn't think to try the BA30B that's in the DMV-72w-10. I don't remember which one was originally in it now.

So I guessing the THIS BA30B is bad because it doesn't take dollars, but would the board be bad on the DMV-72w-10 to cause it to get NO power?

The BA30B does not power up at all on the DMV-72w-10 shown above. I took the harness and one of the two BA30B's that I have and tried it on another drink machine   It powers on, but does nothing else. The red light comes on, but it will not take a dollar. I didn't think to try the BA30B that's in the DMV-72w-10. I don't remember which one was originally in it now because I've swapped them a few times trying to get one of them to work.  Neither of them get power in the DMV-72w-10.

So I guessing the THIS BA30B is bad because it doesn't take dollars, but would the board be bad on the DMV-72w-10 to cause it to get NO power?

The Flexpak machine is capable of running MDB or Micromech coinage.  Your coin mech is the latter type and the BA30 and Mag50 validators have both protocols with the difference that Micromech on those validators is at 110v only.  If you have the validators hooked up as MDB using the tiny pins on the bottom of the validator box then you have mixed up the protocols and they don't play nice together.  If you are connected to the large pins on the validator box then you can try two things.

1. Change the position of switch 4 on the validator board.  This usually only affects the interface enable line but might also affect powering up as well.

2. Reverse the polarity of power into the validator board by reversing the white and black power wires on the boards.  Some machines require this for the BA and Mag validators to work right.

Here is the manual for the machine:  http://69.129.141.51:8080/RD/techbulletins.nsf/e667893fe32caf4785256bcd0066752b/52fe3e1d6b6f55d385256bcd00645eb4/$FILE/PC-Gen FkexPak Manual 350.11.PDF

PS: Have fun with your dinosaur and haven't you got tired of filling it yet?

19 hours ago, AZVendor said:

The Flexpak machine is capable of running MDB or Micromech coinage.  Your coin mech is the latter type and the BA30 and Mag50 validators have both protocols with the difference that Micromech on those validators is at 110v only.  If you have the validators hooked up as MDB using the tiny pins on the bottom of the validator box then you have mixed up the protocols and they don't play nice together.  If you are connected to the large pins on the validator box then you can try two things.

1. Change the position of switch 4 on the validator board.  This usually only affects the interface enable line but might also affect powering up as well.

2. Reverse the polarity of power into the validator board by reversing the white and black power wires on the boards.  Some machines require this for the BA and Mag validators to work right.

Here is the manual for the machine:  http://69.129.141.51:8080/RD/techbulletins.nsf/e667893fe32caf4785256bcd0066752b/52fe3e1d6b6f55d385256bcd00645eb4/$FILE/PC-Gen FkexPak Manual 350.11.PDF

PS: Have fun with your dinosaur and haven't you got tired of filling it yet?

It's not MDB at all.

The switch 4 on the validator board, is that inside the validator?  I've never opened one up.

This was a great machine until just recently.

Archived