Model and value

On 1/4/2017 at 3:56 PM, Coal River Vending said:

62f969eb5d8300d1651a5bd21d05e2f5.png

Seller says it's a Dixie narco DUCB 338147216-8 PE235. Googled hat and nothing. What's it worth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very old single price machine - $150 max if it all works.  This guy is smokin' too much weed if he thinks hell  get anything close to $500

With the potential work it will need (especially refrigeration), offer to help clean off his patio by hauling it off for free. ;D

$100-$200 would be the most I would pay for a machine like that, assuming everything is working.  If the compressor goes out on that thing anytime soon, you're into it another several hundred to fix that alone.  The refrigeration is pretty reliable even on older Dixies, but you never know what kind of use it's had prior to you buying it, or how well it's been maintained.

Good for scrap metal weight.

The bottom kind of fell out on scrap so to me the time/labor involved isn't worth the $75 a ton. 

If scrap prices go back up I may find it worth it to haul them in myself but these days I just call a friend and he is happy to haul them off for the money. 

That coin mech and bill Validator (if they work) are worth more than the machine. 

I would not buy it for any price. 

Archived