Dixie Narco 100-5

Todd23

Just wait out CL and one will pop up.  I don't think that machine is from the 80's but more likely the 70's before DN became mainstream.  Prior to that Vendolator, Cavalier and Rockola had the bulk of the bottler business.  You might put it back on CL and try selling it to a collector instead.  At least get your $50 bucks back, and then beat the snot out of the jerk that took you for the $50 to begin with.

29 minutes ago, Todd23 said:

d99c2d5b09f27e3cf7072e84b6830c29.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

With the machine plugged in, reach up there on the left motor and carefully push on the switch lever on the left side of that plastic cam. The motor should run and stop in the next notch. If that works, go to the next one , work left to right.

Just wait out CL and one will pop up.  I don't think that machine is from the 80's but more likely the 70's before DN became mainstream.  Prior to that Vendolator, Cavalier and Rockola had the bulk of the bottler business.  You might put it back on CL and try selling it to a collector instead.  At least get your $50 bucks back, and then beat the snot out of the jerk that took you for the $50 to begin with.

Thank you for the advice. Not owning a machine I wasn't sure what the inside of one should/would even look like. So I didn't know that anything inside of this one was out of date. Not sure from what has been said if its worth pursuing.

With the machine plugged in, reach up there on the left motor and carefully push on the switch lever on the left side of that plastic cam. The motor should run and stop in the next notch. If that works, go to the next one , work left to right.

aecedb5230f4fc97891a94477156d03a.jpg

To get power from the switch to the motor is not a direct cause and effect. The sold out paddle and selection switch systems are interlaced with the motors and CREM relay. You might try pressing the sold out paddle down for that selection & try.

Holding paddles down did not do anything but from my time working on different things something seems funny in this whole scenario. If one motor or two motors didn't work I could get it. All 5 not running and I feel something in the loop is off. There's a disconnect somewhere and I need to find it.

Just from the photo of your switch, the manual I posted for you won't help much because all modern DN single price models have a three switch cluster on the motor, not just one switch like you have.  Unless you have a wiring diagram in the machine you won't find one in that manual and I think you're just screwed on this machine.

Just from the photo of your switch, the manual I posted for you won't help much because all modern DN single price models have a three switch cluster on the motor, not just one switch like you have.  Unless you have a wiring diagram in the machine you won't find one in that manual and I think you're just screwed on this machine.

Thank you. I noticed that last night when i started going through the manual. There is one in the door that is legible. I do believe this machine must be the Last of the Mohicans. No one seems to have seen one and a manual seems to be non existent. I have taken some pics of the door wiring diagram. I'm going to start by trying to get one of the motors to function.

If there is a serial number plate on the outer left door edge, I suspect the number will end with either A, B, or C. The first Ranson, WV built machines ended with A which was 1976. The machine is worth more to a collector than a vendor.

Archived