How do you go about hiring employees?

karen99

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, rodney69 said:

If you want to see where the link comes from, why not just type in the website they listed?  Sounds to my you're looking for advertisement?  This is quite entertaining. 

I get that you have 1200 boxes out, you could service 60 a day, spread them out and so on, make up more routes, BUT, I doubt very seriously that you are serious about any of the things you're asking. 

You act like you don't know what's going on, but you have that many locations? Come on. 

Actually I DO Rodney. You don't know what I have going on here but it is most definitely true. I have an E-350 Ford Econoline and I can service more like 80-100 accounts in a day if I get started early enough. My boxes are all cardboard, not acrylic. All I do is run in and swap them out real quick. I would appreciate you taking what I'm saying at face value because it's true and you're welcome to come to see it some time. 

I would also have no reason to make any of this up. What would I gain by coming to some remote part of the internet, wasting a bunch of my time and effort by asking questions that would have nothing to do with anything?

Actually I DO Rodney. You don't know what I have going on here but it is most definitely true. I have an E-350 Ford Econoline and I can service more like 80-100 accounts in a day if I get started early enough. My boxes are all cardboard, not acrylic. All I do is run in and swap them out real quick. I would appreciate you taking what I'm saying at face value because it's true and you're welcome to come to see it some time. 

Are all your locations in the same town?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, of course not. I wish they were but I've got some distance to travel to get to these. I could have had these much more compacted but when I started out with this about a year and a half ago, I went with the intention of setting a certain number of these up in certain cities and then trying to sell these as individual businesses while bringing vendors into the program and collecting the small residual off each box plus selling the boxes to the vendors. That's when I began to run into brick walls because the general public does not want to spend money to make money and they have a great tendency to see every work-at-home business as a scam (those of you people who do charity vending know that it's NOT a scam.) I normally make at least $500 per day profit after all expenses (including motel, food gas, sales tax, etc.) that is also a very conservative figure because I've had times where I've made twice that in 1 day. 

BTW, the Pink Ribbon box is really not a very good box. The ones I've seen you can only sell suckers out of. That takes all kinds of time to load and time = money. Plus with every item you sell, it's only going to sell well for a certain period of time before the public begins to lose their interest in it.

BTW, the Pink Ribbon box is really not a very good box. The ones I've seen you can only sell suckers out of. That takes all kinds of time to load and time = money. Plus with every item you sell, it's only going to sell well for a certain period of time before the public begins to lose their interest in it.

You can do suckers or candy or a combo. Are you just doing mints or a variety?

Just now, vendtex said:

You can do suckers or candy or a combo. Are you just doing mints or a variety?

There's not much room at all in those Pink Ribbon boxes for that. With my boxes I service them ever 5 to 6 weeks and do just fine that way. If you sold anything other than suckers out of the Pink Ribbons youd have to service them about every 2 or 3 weeks. 

As far as the seminars go, I actually thought of that a long time ago but then I realized that those will only pull people in from a certain geographical area and I'm thinking that vendors would want to have exclusive territory within their own geographic area instead of a whole having a whole handful of them. The more I've thought about this, the more I've realized that I need to raise the incentive as much as possible for the vendor and give them the greatest possible advantage I can. If people don't like my program they won't be in it for long.

2 minutes ago, vendtex said:

Do you sell more than mints? What price do u out on the boxes?

Yes, I said earlier that I sell Tootise Roll product, Mars Minis, Fun House Treats, etc... It makes absolutely no sense to me why anyone would ever only stick to trying to sell one product all the time, but sure enough I see people doing it all the time LOL!

I also don't run my business the typical way I'm sure that most people run their charity vending business. I'll bet that most people doing this count every single piece of candy per each box and match that up with the money that's inside of it. That is an absolute Colossal and anal retentive way to run this business as it just DESTROYS the amount of time you have. I simply use a scale and weigh each box and then eyeball the money. If it's short I know where it came from and I'll keep track of that location. Almost all the time though the boxes are not short.

I think it was you who said that you're not much into the honor box business because of theft in your area. I would absolutely guarantee you that the overall success of my business would do just fine if I were in your area also. I know this because I'm all over the place with my business and I've found that people are basically people wherever you go. Some places may do better than others but there's still a lot of money to be made in the lesser areas. I consider $500 a day profit (after all expenses) good money when I'm working no more than 7 to 8 hours a day.

1 hour ago, karen99 said:

What type of box are you using? The white ones? Seems about the right size, but plain.

19 minutes ago, karen99 said:

I would absolutely guarantee you that the overall success of my business would do just fine if I were in your area also.

You're saying you'd be more successful in his area just by using your box instead of his? Or am I misinterpreting that? 

2 minutes ago, QuikVend said:

You're saying you'd be more successful in his area just by using your box instead of his? Or am I misinterpreting that? 

Without any question, I know for myself that I would be FAR more successful with my box than I would with his. Honor boxes are certainly not all created the same. 

I see. Do you have an example picture of what your box looks like? I can't think of anything that would make that kind of difference. I've heard the acrylic boxes sometimes give a small bump in sales, but that's it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Without any question, I know for myself that I would be FAR more successful with my box than I would with his. Honor boxes are certainly not all created the same. 

What are you grossing per day to make $500 in profit?

Archived