Hey guys, I have encountered a strange issue with a Royal Vision Vue machine today and need some advice.  Customers were complaining that the machine does not take dimes so before opening the door to the machine, I insert a couple of dimes and they go right through the coin mech and back to the coin return cup.   I have had issues before with this coin mech not dispensing quarters before so I drop a couple of quarters, nickels, and dimes directly into the coin mech chute and all of them go into the coin mech, to tube fill, except for the dimes which are returned to the coin return cup again so I go to the truck and return with a mdb coin mech to swap this out with so I can fix this and keep on moving.  After swapping the coin mechs, I insert all denominations into the coin mech and then all are tube filled except for the dimes which return to the coin return cup again.  At this time I press the buttons on the coin mech for all denominations and all coins are dispensed as desired.   I go into service mode I observe that Changer appears under Error Codes so I then go through the coin payout mode and observe that the quarters are not paying out but the other two denominations are paying out, I try this again several times and I shake my head because I can hear the solenoid click but it sounds like there is one in inside of the machine that is clicking not the one inside of the coin mech.  Weird I know.  

At the end of this saga, I close the door because the business is closing now and I have plans to return first thing in the morning with a plan or a magic potion.  :D  Once I close the door I insert several denominations of coins and they are all returned to the coin return cup this time, so I insert a dollar bill and the dollar bill is returned each time.  

Please help if you have any idea of how to fix this.   

Thanks in advance. 

Firstly... did you remove power before changing out coin mechs?  Also, was the 2nd mech a known-good mech?  It sounds very much like you swapped one problematic coin mech for another.. but I am also worried that you disconnected/connected the mechs without turning power off first, which could cause damage.

Thanks for your reply. Yep, I definitely turned the power off before swapping coin mechs. I learned that several years ago, the hard way.
I kinda thought the same thing about the coin mechs but I keep known good spare mechs in the truck. It's easy enough to swap another mech to see anything changes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You either have a machine not level, a physical c/r mechanical issue with the c/r lever being just slightly depressed all the time, or maybe low voltage to the machine or from the logic board to the coin mech.  The coin mech logic can be sensitive to low voltage.

Wow, thanks Randy. When I pulled the replacement coin mech out of the bag I did observe that the c/r lever was depressed and it was actually a little difficult to get it to go back into regular position. I finally got it right then I installed it so that is definitely a possibility. I am going to the machine again this morning to swap another coin mech to see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You need to figure out why the c/r lever in the machine doesn't move smoothly and won't return to it's standby position.  It might be missing a return spring or need some lubrication.

Archived