Ams 639 - Remove Product

Hey guys I need a little help with an AMS 639 machine that accepts money, coins and bills, then displays remove product on the display and will not allow any products to be dispensed but it will return your money if the coin return  button is pressed.

Thanks in advance for your help!

11 hours ago, Sir SnackAlot Vending said:

Hey guys I need a little help with an AMS 639 machine that accepts money, coins and bills, then displays remove product on the display and will not allow any products to be dispensed but it will return your money if the coin return  button is pressed.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks lacanteen.  I was looking at the sensors when I observed the error and attempted to clean them but the error did not go away.  I also made sure that the door wasnot blocking the sensors. 

How do I verify if I have a faulty emitter or receiver? 

Here you go:

Calibrating the Sensor

The sensor should be calibrated and tested whenever the vendor is placed in a new location, or when the control board or any component of the sensor system is replaced. 1. To enter the service mode, open the top access door on the inside of the main door and press the mode switch on the control board (see the decal inside the access door for the location of the mode switch, and see 8. Service Mode for more details on Service Mode). 2. Using the # key, scroll through the menu to “OPTIONS”. 3. Press 5 to start the calibration. Note that it can take up to a minute to calibrate. When finished, the display will read “OPTIONS” once again. 4. Press the mode switch again to exit service mode.

Calibrate Sensor

Press 5 to calibrate the vend sensor. “WAIT” and a series of numbers will be displayed for approximately one minute. Calibration parameters will be briefly displayed. The parameters will be labeled as “Pulse”, “Basis”, and “PWM”. Acceptable parameters for the “Pulse”, “Basis”, and “PWM” are as follows: Pulse - 7-14, Basis - In the 100’s, PWM - 375-675. The control automatically returns to OPTIONS when calibration is complete. To exit before the calibration is complete, press * or the mode switch. The sensor should be calibrated and tested each time the vendor is placed in a new location or whenever a sensor component (emitter, detector, detector housing, or control board) is replaced

• 2 weeks later...

I ran the calibration procedure and it did not resolve the issue so I continued to investigate and troubleshoot the issue.  I have several of these AMS machines but noticed on this one that there are sensors in the bottom portion of the delivery tray so I popped them out, with the power Off, and there was a huge dust bunny on the detector sensor.  I removed the dust bunny, checked & cleaned  the emitter, ran the calibration again and Voila issue resolved!

I would like to thank you guys for lending a helping hand as you are always willing to do.

Archived