Intermittant "sold out" on Royal RVCC660-9

Rexlex

I'm (or rather the customer) is getting a "sold out" light when the product is not.  Only happening on a couple of products not the whole machine.  Any ideas on how to fix are appreciated.   This machine also has had problem in "jackpotting" so another guy I know said to switch to double depth but keep it single. That fixed that problem.

It's not producing any error codes.

Thoughts?

On a Royal machine the sold out messages are cleared when you close the door and activate the door switch.  If the switch doesn't work or it's wiring is bad then the logic board doesn't get the signal to clear the sold outs and then you get this result.  You probably had sold those columns out before or you had a product jam which flags the column the same way but then the door switch didn't clear the message since then. 

If that's not the case then you could have a mis-adjusted drop sensor or motor that turns so slowly that the vend time expires before a product drops, or jammed columns.

Sorry, Chris, I used the wrong term, not jackpotting but double-vending.  

Yea, AZVendor, sometimes it does vend so I don't think it's the scenario you mentioned. 

I found a troubleshooter and it suggest a problem with chute sensor, column mechanism, home sensor, etc...  I'll try to go thru it's steps and figure it out.

Archived