Cold Food

I just got a big account but I have to put a cold food machine in also. What are you guys selling or whats sells good. This is a whole new world for me. Didn't want to do cold food but to get the account I have to. The machine is a USI Single Zone cold food machine that they set up with five rows of 5 of dual spirals and one row of 10 singles.  I hope to use part of the machine as a snack, snacks that can stand the 38 degree temp. It was supposed to be a dual zone machine but it isn't. Help...

I sell Greek yogurts, Oh Snap! Pickles, Sabra hummus and pretzel cups, Sargento Balanced Breaks (cheese/nuts/cranberries) in my combo machines.  All my regular snacks get refrigerated and are fine with the temperature. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am new to this, but I put in Landshire sandwiches from the Walmart deli section. They have about 6 kinds, chicken, burger, tuna salad etc, they cost 2 bucks each so I do not mark them up much. I have seen some that do not expire for a month. I also put in lunchables, there are many varieties so you can fill in many rows if need be.

You can put in things that do not need to be refrigerated, Hormel completes, cup-o-noodles, tuna kits from dollar tree, protein shakes, etc (Unfortunately for me, the cup-o-noodles kept getting stuck once they dropped and the customer would have to break the cup to get it out making a mess)

I put something that does not expire for a while behind all the more perishable items, that way if I only put in 2 sandwiches and they sell, the row will not be empty.

The people I bough the route from were doing frozen sandwiches and pizza from Sam's Club. The items say "keep frozen" on them,  they are supposed to be good for a week or two but I don't like the idea of using them.

Not sure how ethical it would be, but I thought about finding a machine that is stocked by someone else like AVI, buying food, putting it in my own machine.

I am still looking for better options, I would like to have more options with a better profit margin. I have been on the lookout for anything in the frozen section that says "keep frozen or refrigerated" but have not found anything I could vend.

Archived