Please help!! Trying to make the best and smartest investment possible

Newvendor

Hello Vending world, 

I wanted to start off with saying thank you to everyone who has helped all the newbies like me because i have spent hours reading and learning new information from this forum before i have spent a dollar into my business. 

I just bought my company  " VENDFRIEND LLC" and i already have  a few locations  ready for me to put machines in  Ihave about 15 workers which work 12 hour days and constant traffic coming in and out  i would say maybe 40 people an hour.  No convenient  store within a few miles. Very hard to exit and enter the parking lot due to traffic. so i think that will be in my favor.  

My question is with all the following machines in good working order and decent condition which machines would you recommend  for these location btw i am putting in both snack and drink machines i have about $4000 to invest in machines. so far the machines I can buy right now from people are (Crane National 167 Dual Coil Snack Vending Machine Has MEI  bill valiator that accepts 1's and 5's aswell as accepts coins (500$).  (Rowe 4900 Accepts bills and coins (100$).  (Dixie narco bev max 5591 accepts bills and coins (500$) (Usi 3158 accepts bills and coins $(400). Theimage i posted is somekind of older National Machine i can buy for $200 with a mars bill collector. Thank you in advance !!3818d4fa56fa49aabb3ac5d9a6af05a0.jpgBTW CAR READERS ARE NOT AN ISSUE at the moment everywhere. the location i am going to invest in all the customers and workers carry cash. 

The A/P is a good starter machine (it's a model 112 by the way). Forget the 145 in your first picture. 15 people is usually a no-go, especially if the account has been there for a long time without vending. 

If you can get that AP 113 for less than $800, it would be a really good deal in my opinion, however, a national 167 is a very good snack machine as well for $500 (if not better than the upgraded AP 113).  Don't bother with the old National in the first picture.  Don't bother with the Rowe 4900.  And, in my opinion, don't bother with the DN 5591 as it is far too big for what you're looking for.  On a side note, that one guy who recently made a bunch of posts about DN 5591's and ECCs might be shocked to see that you found a DN 5591 for $500 lol.

The USI 3158, while a good snack machine in my opinion, might not be the best investment for you because they aren't very common out there.  It's a good price at $400 but there are far better options in your list.

For those prices, if I was you, I would buy the AP 113 (which is upgraded apparently), the National 167, and some refurbished multiprice stack vendors if you can get everything within your budget.  A royal 650 (Merlin 4) or DN 501E (not 501T) would be excellent to pair with those snacks.  You would have all MDB, all potentially CC Capable (a royal might require a board upgrade), and very good, common, reliable machines.  The only weak point of a National 167 that I am aware of is the delivery door.. specifically the anti-theft flap.  All you really need to do is open it yourself and make sure it doesn't get hung up.

As for the location with 15 employees.  I probably wouldn't bother with such a location nowadays but it may be a good starter location for you IF it's a hot factory.  Places like that can sometimes be gems because no other vendor ever tries to take the account and you can make $75+/week if they buy enough, but that's not always the case.  With added foot traffic, it's a good learning account.

As it stands, for your 15 person account, I would recommend you get the National 167 and try to find a cheap Dixie Narco or Royal soda machine to go with it.  Just keep in mind that the 501E and Royal 650 are some of the best long-term stack vendors on the market.  But you can tell us about any model you find and we can tell you if it's worth it.  Practically any common model Royal or Dixie Narco will be a good match with the 167.  It's just a shame to see a 167 go to a place with 15 people when it could make you a lot of money at a place with 50+.

On 8/12/2017 at 0:52 PM, lacanteen said:

The A/P is a good starter machine (it's a model 112 by the way). Forget the 145 in your first picture. 15 people is usually a no-go, especially if the account has been there for a long time without vending. 

Thank you !!!

On 8/12/2017 at 1:28 PM, AngryChris said:

If you can get that AP 113 for less than $800, it would be a really good deal in my opinion, however, a national 167 is a very good snack machine as well for $500 (if not better than the upgraded AP 113).  Don't bother with the old National in the first picture.  Don't bother with the Rowe 4900.  And, in my opinion, don't bother with the DN 5591 as it is far too big for what you're looking for.  On a side note, that one guy who recently made a bunch of posts about DN 5591's and ECCs might be shocked to see that you found a DN 5591 for $500 lol.

The USI 3158, while a good snack machine in my opinion, might not be the best investment for you because they aren't very common out there.  It's a good price at $400 but there are far better options in your list.

For those prices, if I was you, I would buy the AP 113 (which is upgraded apparently), the National 167, and some refurbished multiprice stack vendors if you can get everything within your budget.  A royal 650 (Merlin 4) or DN 501E (not 501T) would be excellent to pair with those snacks.  You would have all MDB, all potentially CC Capable (a royal might require a board upgrade), and very good, common, reliable machines.  The only weak point of a National 167 that I am aware of is the delivery door.. specifically the anti-theft flap.  All you really need to do is open it yourself and make sure it doesn't get hung up.

As for the location with 15 employees.  I probably wouldn't bother with such a location nowadays but it may be a good starter location for you IF it's a hot factory.  Places like that can sometimes be gems because no other vendor ever tries to take the account and you can make $75+/week if they buy enough, but that's not always the case.  With added foot traffic, it's a good learning account.

As it stands, for your 15 person account, I would recommend you get the National 167 and try to find a cheap Dixie Narco or Royal soda machine to go with it.  Just keep in mind that the 501E and Royal 650 are some of the best long-term stack vendors on the market.  But you can tell us about any model you find and we can tell you if it's worth it.  Practically any common model Royal or Dixie Narco will be a good match with the 167.  It's just a shame to see a 167 go to a place with 15 people when it could make you a lot of money at a place with 50+.

Angry Chris I appreciate your detailed response brother !! it means alot since I can probably make the decision on what machines to go with when i get back from vacation.  Leaving tommorow to Cuba for a week. Gonna Enjoy a Vacation so i can bust my golpher for the next year non stop.  So my buddy is the owner of a Doctors office and the building is huge and has multiple Doctors in different sections of the building.   The  account I am talking about earlier has  15 workers on the site but there are about 120-200 people coming in everyday and waiting in the waiting room or seeing a doctor. The machine will be in the waiting room so i am hoping this can be a positive first account/accounts .  Also another great thing is since my Buddy owns the buidlings I do not have to worry about other vendors taking my spot because he will just inform them he already has a preffered vendor. I will let you know if i find any other machines when i get back, before i make the final purchase. Thank you again my brother !! Cant wait to chat more about vending when i get back. -Dakota 

On 8/12/2017 at 1:28 PM, AngryChris said:

On a side note, that one guy who recently made a bunch of posts about DN 5591's and ECCs might be shocked to see that you found a DN 5591 for $500 lol.

Not shocked because I'm not sure where this guy is, but if he's found a location ready 5591 for $500 he should buy it.

I sold one this weekend for $1400 - guy that bought it was happy, he knows what they are and already has a couple.  

Hate bottle drops or not, for a small operation guy like me they fill a niche between old stacker and $4,000 Bevmax 4:  If a customer wants more selections than a stacker will give and is big enough to warrant an equipment upgrade, I would rather throw out $1000-$1500 for a bottle drop than $4,000-$5,000 for the latest and greatest - 90% of the customers can't tell the difference anyway.

I am not a member of the Vending Operator Elite - just a ham and egger trying to make some side money - if they're mdb and credit card capable, they work for me.

ABC

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2017 at 8:16 AM, AngryChris said:

That's cool but don't expect sales to be too high.  They might be okay and a good learning environment but doctors offices rarely do that well.

Okay gonna give it  a try... ill let you known how it goes. 

On 8/14/2017 at 9:21 AM, ABCVending said:

Not shocked because I'm not sure where this guy is, but if he's found a location ready 5591 for $500 he should buy it.

I sold one this weekend for $1400 - guy that bought it was happy, he knows what they are and already has a couple.  

Hate bottle drops or not, for a small operation guy like me they fill a niche between old stacker and $4,000 Bevmax 4:  If a customer wants more selections than a stacker will give and is big enough to warrant an equipment upgrade, I would rather throw out $1000-$1500 for a bottle drop than $4,000-$5,000 for the latest and greatest - 90% of the customers can't tell the difference anyway.

I am not a member of the Vending Operator Elite - just a ham and egger trying to make some side money - if they're mdb and credit card capable, they work for me.

ABC

I am located in California. The machine was $500 could be gone by now. Came without a location. 

Archived