In your experience are gumballs known to misvend more than other candies?

BryanH

I just lost a location today because of a machine misvending i have been there once before and worked on it then tested it before leaving. But called me to take it, after a repeat 1-2 weeks later  

I can't speak for that machine, since I don't have any, but I can see a gumball not vending if the teeth of the coin mech and gumball wheel aren't engaging properly. Otherwise, GB for me don't stick or fail to fall into the holes of the gumball wheel. And if they do that, and it turns, i'm not sure where a misvend could be. Though it also depends on the size of your gumball wheel and the size of your gum, I'm just assuming they're all normal. 

Don't know much about those machines but if you are planning on staying in the bulk vending business for any

length of time only buy NW, Oak or Beaver, stay away from all other machines.  I have never had a misvend with a Oak or

NW using the proper wheel.  The only machines that add value to your route are NW, Oak or Beaver.

• 1 month later...

Ive had the machine before, it was the first gumball machine I purchased.   There was mis-vend for me in the beginning, and couldn't understand why, but I finally realized I had a candy wheel instead of the gumball wheel.  It was a rookie mistake, but fortunately I caught it within the first 2-3 days it went live.  The problem is, when you order on the website, it immediately defaults to 'candy wheel', even if you select gumball machine.  Thats a huge problem, because if you don't know any better (like me), its easy to get a gumball machine ordered with a candy wheel installed.  I immediately replaced those wheels with gumball wheels, and its been vending 100% since.  No problem.  Its a great machine, and the business owners love it.  

Ye sorry i forgot about this thread it was a candy wheel instead of a gumball wheel. I went and replaced the other wheel i had put once i noticed. You can lock the thread if you want it has been resolved

Archived