MEI Card readers

lacanteen

Just a trial balloon for now. We recently acquired equipment that had the MEI 3-in-1 and 4-in-1 card bezels powered by Cantaloupe Systems. I don't use any of this hardware and may need to sell it. Does anyone have an idea of what these might be worth? I have already replaced the hardware and have convinced myself that the bezel readers should probably stand alone, since they also work with USAT modems, and few people use Cantaloupe. There's a little over 100 MEI units and almost 200 Cantaloupe Seed telemeter units.

Used, working bezels sell for about $34.99 to $49.99 a piece.  We've had issues with Nayax working with the Coinco Bezels (they have to be reprogrammed from USA to a generic setting), but I don't believe the MEI readers need any additional programming for Nayax or USA use, just the adapter.  Regarding the value of the Cantaloupe readers, I have no idea.

The MEI bezels sell new for over $200 but I have bought them used for a lot less, about what Chard said.  You need the adaptors for Nayax or USAT to make them work; with USAT there is also a small power supply required.  With nayax the swipe feature works but not the contactless (4 in 1) reader.  

I use them mostly with the bevmax these days to keep them ADA compliant, the knockout in the upper panel is too high for a wheelchair user.  Also use them on some bottler assets to keep from drilling the machine.  I think they look pretty good and I like the attract lights on them.  Problem is you still can't get them repaired anywhere as far as I know, unless Crane has changed something for their authorized centers.  If you are going to unload the newer 4 in 1's I would be interested in picking up a few...

Never fooled with cantalope, the only time I spoke to my crane rep about it was told I was too small....

Archived