What do you think the new trends are in Soda/snack vending?

BryanH

I have a small route in bulk vending and i enjoy it but i think i need to change my business i will keep my route and see if i could place machines on the ones i already work with.

I see alot of new different machines all i can really agree on is the credit card reader is a good thing.

If you want to talk about trends, then you hit a big one with card readers.  Changing tastes in beverages is another area of discussion, like increases in water, coffee drinks, teas, and sports drinks; and small drops in carbonated sodas.  We can get pretty deep into that, but for expanding from bulk to full line your worries will be more basic.  Look for some good used machines (Dixie-Narco or Royal), preferably with MDB changers and validators.  You will start with mostly cans but water is becoming too important to leave off in many locations.  I'm not sure how many bulk vending locations will be good conversions to drink vending, but I am sure someone here has been that route and can share some info...

At this point, card readers aren't a trend anymore... they are mandatory for good accounts, as are bill validators.  It's just difficult to justify them for smaller accounts.  In reality, if the account doesn't justify a card reader, you probably shouldn't get the account anyway, but that's my opinion and doesn't apply to every account.

Archived