Cb500

TKK

Hey guys i got one machine that temp stays at like 48, i dont know how to drop the temperature its the ones with the blue display. Also have one in my warehouse that just freezes up in the bottom, could that be freon ir a fan and how can i check? 

When it reaches 48 degrees does the compressor still run or does it shut off?  If it turns off my guess is you need to set the cold co tell to corr ct temp. If it constantly runs you may be low on freon

You can adjust the target temperature by pressing the mode button, press 3 for OPtn and then press 8 to see the current target temp.  Press 8 to change the target which goes in a circle from 34 to 62 degrees.  Press the mode button twice to exit. 

If yours is already at 34 or 36 (the factory setting) then your cooling problem is probably low freon.  The one that ices up is either a large air leak, a bad evaporator fan or low freon (the likely cause). 

Absolutely. If the door is not sealed properly that will cause the Freezing of the evap coils  the  CB500s are notorious for this symtem. Thanks  the problem is the door is so-heavy it tends  to sag  Check the alignment of the t/handle and make sure the cage nut is not damaged. It should thread in smoothly to tighten the door seal. You may have to lift on the lock side of the door to achieve this

5 hours ago, TKK said:

The one w the frozen compresor the t handle doesnt close well and it seems tge door isnt shut properly, would that cause it to freeze?

Let me know if you need a cage nut for it.  You should have a stock of them on hand since you have so many USI machines now.

Archived