Dixie Narco Bottle Drop DN5591 Drop Sensor Not Working

fhamann

I have a Dixie Narco Bottle Drop DN5591 that's problem is the drop sensor(s) do not work.  The previous owners had unplugged both upper and lower drop sensors at the control board.  I connected them both to the control board and enabled the drop sensor function in the set up menu.  When a product is purchased, the product is vended, and drops to the delivery bin, but the sensors do not sense the dropped product so it drops another, and then another.  After the third try it says sold out, select another product. Should I just buy two new sensors, or is there another solution?

regards,

Frank Hamann

Orange, CA

its not the sensor, I had the same issue on a studio 3 machine, it would always vend 3x, even if there was product there, I purchased and updated chip which goes into the motherboard, and that fixed the problem, the sensor (golden eye) is on the sides of the bin, if it is red and lit up, then its working, but the software needs to be updated, or at some point was downgraded, or failed, call up Dixie they will walk you through what to do, don't forget the service is not free!

With 2 sensors you will have a daughter board that they both plug into and then a jumper from the daughter board to the main board.  It sounds like there is a faked jumper on the main board across the pins to simulate the presence of a drop sensor.  So you have plugged your 2 sensors into a dead daughter board.  If all was connected right then you would have had sensor errors before.  The sensors are probably unplugged because the previous owner didn't know how to adjust them.  If this is the case then you need a jumper harness and probably 2 of the new sensors that emit an aiming red light making them immensely easier to line up. 

If you need these parts you can email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.

Archived