GPL 171 EPROM version

Jchunn28

I have 6 GPL 171 snack machines on locations that I am wanting to add credit card readers to. They are all MDB and need the dex cables added, once the cables arrive. They all currently have the 170.02 eprom in them, can anybody tell me if this is the correct eprom? Or do I need to swap to the 170.03 version? 

What you have should work. USAT calls for 160.11 or higher. If it were my machine I would morph it into the 167 platform which would consist of the following:  158.23 or higher EPROM, letter/number sheet for the selection keypad, door switch, and service keypad. 

• 3 months later...

So I installed the new eprom and the card reader and everything works fine, other than having to manually pull the dex file from the machine. You have to press the mode button till it shows cash on the display, then press the letter D and it will send the dex file. It will not send it automatically with the card reader or anything else. I also added a card reader to another machine and left the 170.01 eprom, when I go into the config menu it only has 2 options for the reader, off or dumb, mdb is not available as an option. I have ordered the new eprom to update the machine. I now have my answer, but wanted to update this thread for anyone else in the future. 

Archived