Newbie!

wpeej

Thanks for adding me to the forum! I just bought my first vending machine: 2001 Royal Vending GIII 550 Coke Machine. I bought it with the understanding that the compressor wasn't working...turns out it was just a bent thermostat signal wire!

You should have started with a simpler machine than a GIII.  Any single price machine or DN E-model is much easier to use than the GIII.  You might just park it until you get more experienced in the business then have a service tech show you how to use it.

On 1/26/2018 at 9:28 PM, wpeej said:

Thanks for adding me to the forum! I just bought my first vending machine: 2001 Royal Vending GIII 550 Coke Machine. I bought it with the understanding that the compressor wasn't working...turns out it was just a bent thermostat signal wire!

The GIII series is the most reliable soda machine I've ever owned (wish all my Dixies and Vendos were GIII's).  These can be a little tricky to program, especially the space to sales function, but Royal has the full manual available on their website.  Once you get this baby set up, you'll be bullet proof for many years. If the Cajun can program one of these then you can do it too. B)B)B)

By the way, it's probably a 660 (not 550) which refers to the number of 12 oz. cans it will hold.

Yea, don't be intimidated by the royals, they are pretty good machines.  The 550 model is usually set up for 6 to 8 selections with 10 columns inside (5 wide x 2 deep).  The 660 usually has 10 selections and 12 columns.  There is also a 650, which is basically a 660 with a health sensor so it can vend milk.  Older models have a motor for each column; newer once have a single motor and a chain drive system.  Good tech support from the factory and parts are not crazy expensive.  If you can read and follow directions you can figure out the programming.  Good luck!

Archived