Refurbishing Bulk Machines

shvending

Hey guys and gals, 

I have a quick question I want to run by you all.  I am thinking about starting a side venture to my bulk routes.  I am looking to see if there is interest out there for machine refurbishing.  We have been in the business since 1956 and have learned some pretty cool tricks over the years.  If this is something you may think would be viable please leave me a comment.  I am just curious on whats out there.  

I'm just wondering what type of profit margin would be available. Would we be sending you old machines, then you refurb, then send them back? Because that sounds costly. If you're just buying machines, refurbing them and selling them, I'd be interested in that. 

Right now it would only be me working on others peoples equipment.  I may branch out to selling equipment but as of now no.  

As far as the profit margin it depends on the condition of the equipment that is sent to me.  

I like the idea but I don't think it would be financially plausible. The labor time involved in the entire process plus replacement parts/paint and shipping/receiving would probably push the retail to your customer up quite a bit especially if you want to make a decent return on this endeavor. To put things into perspective you can get a new Eagle for $55.00 plus shipping and a little cheaper if you buy 50 or more. The customer just calls them and they deliver the product. A customer using a refurb service has to box up the machine (a machine he has already purchased so he has to add that cost to the bottom line), arrange & pay shipping then wait for X amount of time before he gets the machine back. I think you would need to do this at an extremely competitive price to compete with a direct seller of new or used (refurbished) machines.  You could do pretty well refurbishing machines and reselling as AMD suggested especially with your vending background.  Alot of new vendors would probably be willing to buy at a higher price for a professionally rehabbed, quality machine that they can just order, take out of the box and get directly out on the street.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an example of a recent refurbishment that I done for a local Antique store.  They purchased this machine from an estate auction and was going to place it for sale in there store.  I priced this at $83.75 most of which being the new globe.  If a machine has all the parts (mainly the globe) available you are looking at anywhere from $45-$70 depending on the condition of the parts when I receive them.  

Yellow Northwestern.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived