Crane model 148

sbb

The dollar bill slot won't take bills anymore.  It was working and now it will only take the bill in very slowly and only about 1/2 way and then it'll stop.  If you listen you can hear the motor "ticking" like it is still trying to take a bill in even though there is no bill in the slot.  I have tried using a can of air to clean any dirt out of the slot.  Any thoughts?  This is a used machine that we bought a year ago. 

Suzy

Do you want it to take $5's? Do you want this machine to be MDB and add a card reader in the near future?  If you just want it to take $1's, you should only need a power harness that connects the mei validator to the maka harness.  If you want it to take $5's, you MIGHT need to possibly upgrade one of the small boards on the control board panel in the machine as well as get separate harnesses that go straight to the board.  If you want it to be MDB, you need to drop at least $300+ for the board by itself and at least another $200'ish for a refurbished MDB validator and coin mech.  I'm about 75% sure that you need to replace that small board and replace all of the harnesses to take a $5 if it has not been upgraded.  I recommend only getting it setup to take $1's if you don't want to have to pull the board out.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you AngryChris! 

I am not a professional vending person.  We have private machines that are here that I keep full, so I don't know much about this and am learning.  This board has been very helpful!  Having said that, looking at the link it looks like it has everything that I need to swap out the unit?  Or is it only for the cord and the bill validator is separate?  I don't want to order and find out I need more parts.

I don't know but you can call them and ask what's included.  I believe you have to change a plastic plate for the validator and you need a conversion harness at a minimum.  Just tell them there is a makain it now.  It definitely doesn't include the bill acceptor.  That will cost roughly $100 by itself.  You would also need the validator power harness.

Archived