Dixie Narco 368 Cooling Issue

Hey guys, I have been doing bulk vending for a while, and just started into soda machines. I bought a Dixie Narco 368 and have a cooling issue I need some ideas on. The machine only cools down to about 60 degrees. The compressor kicks on but even with the thermostat all the way down, it only runs for a little while then kicks off again. Any ideas on where to start troubleshooting this beast?

The compressor turns off because the thermostat is bad, you have a bad condenser fan that causes the compressor to overheat, or the compressor is bad and overheats internally.  At 60 degrees you won't even have a frost line on the capillary tube so it's probably also out of gas.  Get an experienced vending technician to look at it.

Agreed. Replace the thermostat first and if still does not work, go get Type I certified in HVAC so you can replace coolant. This won't be your first cooling issue, and in Nashville there is only one guy that does this, and he charges $175.

4 hours ago, MidStateVending said:

Agreed. Replace the thermostat first and if still does not work, go get Type I certified in HVAC so you can replace coolant. This won't be your first cooling issue, and in Nashville there is only one guy that does this, and he charges $175.

The cert is easy. A few hours, internet, a credit card and a room temp IQ is all you need.

Knowing how to actually do the job right, is a whole nother story.

Archived