National 145 validator upgrade

I have a snacktron1 National 145 with a super old validator. I’m not even sure what kind it is, my guess is a maka. But I want to upgrade the validator to a mars. What mars validator can i put in and what kind of harness or kit will I need to make this work?

You really need to buy the kit that comes with a harness (either board to validator or conversion harness from maka to mars), a metal validator plate, a lower mounting piece,a plastic validator plate, and a plastic "adapter" piece for the opening on the machine.  It doesn't matter at all if it's a 2501 or 2511 (but definitely not 24 volt models) because you won't use the validator mask anyway, but you need the other pieces because the mars validator can't be mounted without them.

The kits come with everything.

I always called Vendors Exchange in Cleveland, the tech's would pack up what you needed, ship it to you and walk you through installation when you received it.  They also used to give credit on the exchange for the used one but that one might not bring much.  Although both vendors above know what they are talking about too...

Archived