My journey

gamingtrucker1

oh yeah, super filthy rich, beyond your wildest dreams! 🤣 sorry to break the bubble, it aint happening! what you will make and have if you grow to to over 100 or 200 units is a small passive stable and guaranteed income for the rest of your life 😀

Oak is a nice machine, problem is, what happens when it or someone else breaks it? figure out where you will get parts, ebay is not the answer!

Oak was a good choice. Oak machines were mass produced for decades so parts will be around for a long time plus Eagle (still in business) parts fit the Oak machines. They are also very durable so it's not like you're replacing parts every day especially if you are only running a small route. In regards to a key (not sure what type of lock it has) look at the number code on the key and search for it on the internet. You can always stop by a locksmith shop to see if they can make another one for you and if that doesn't work just buy a new lock and key set online. Heritage Vending (member here) sells replacement locks and keys on their website.

16 hours ago, NYCandyMan said:

oh yeah, super filthy rich, beyond your wildest dreams! 🤣 sorry to break the bubble, it aint happening! what you will make and have if you grow to to over 100 or 200 units is a small passive stable and guaranteed income for the rest of your life 😀

Oak is a nice machine, problem is, what happens when it or someone else breaks it? figure out where you will get parts, ebay is not the answer!

What should 100 machines or locations bring in?

If you only have one machine I would suggest going with Skittles. When you buy the bulk pressed candy like the two you mentioned you are getting 20 - 30 pounds of product so you will have these on hand for some time. Neither of these will likely sell as good as mainstream candy like Peanut M & Ms, Skittles, M & Ms Reece's Pieces, Mike & Ike's or Hot Tamales. A & A is a good source but Sam's Club will always beat them on price. If you have a plus membership you also get free shipping. Mainstream candy can also be bought in smaller quantities so you save money and changing to a different candy won't leave you hung with 20 lbs of slow moving candy.

54 minutes ago, gamingtrucker1 said:

True so i guess Skittles it is.I tired 2 location today and was told no not interested.Ahhh oh well

Remember to adjust your vending wheel so you are giving out 10 -15 skittles per turn. Don't get discouraged when locating because getting turned down is part of the game. Just smile, say thanks for your time and head out to the next place. Good luck!

The gumball wheel pictured is a Rocket Wheel and brush.  850 gumballs will not work  You will need to use 1080 or the next size smaller.  That will  cause problems using the 850.  It will slice or crumble the 850.

1 hour ago, Hillbilly said:

The gumball wheel pictured is a Rocket Wheel and brush.  850 gumballs will not work  You will need to use 1080 or the next size smaller.  That will  cause problems using the 850.  It will slice or crumble the 850.

I use them with for 850's with no issues but they are designed for 1080 or 1430s. I guess to be safe go with 1080.

On 3/11/2019 at 4:26 AM, livinginthe80z said:

What should 100 machines or locations bring in?

single head about $5 to $10/mo

double head about $10 to 20/mo

triple head about $20 to 30/mo

and so on... do the math of how much you want to make, then figure out which machine you want to use, then you can figure out how many machines you will need to make what you want to make, minus supply, gas, and time :)

On 3/17/2019 at 8:26 AM, Hillbilly said:

Anyway to switch it to 850?

4 hours ago, gamingtrucker1 said:

Anyway to switch it to 850?

You need these to change it specifically to an 850 wheel:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Oak-Vending-Machine-Gumball-Jawbreaker-Vending-Wheel-Set-Free-Shipping/332036786056?hash=item4d4eef4788:g:YE4AAOxywOtSZoRO

This listing does have free shipping but I would shop around as you might be able to find a better price. Takes about two minutes to swap out.

Archived