Snack vendor Brand advise

Sorry for such a basic question, but as a small vendor (who is also kind of old) I need some advise.  I need to buy some snack machines and long ago my favorite was always Automatic Products.  Then for past several years I've usually bought reconditioned AP's with the "Revision Door".  What is your advise?  Is there a new brand that is "top dog" is most of your opinions? 

Thanks for your help!

Honestly unless you are having issues with the AP 7600 revision door rebuilds they are probably the best deal going for machines at this time. Rock solid cabinets with an updated appearance and modern electronics, what's not to love. If its the door itself you are having issues with try the inOne doors.

If you just need new equipment for some reason I like AMS, but others have had reasonable luck with Crane and USI. You will however notice that the newer equipment will seem flimsier than the old school AP's you've been running.

This makes me sad because I have something like 19 AP 6/7000's in my inventory and simply investing $1,100 would be enough to replace the electronics, mech and validator, and add a card reader, and probably get a trim kit and vinyl as well., and here I am doing nothing.

For a new snack, I feel like the AMS is a very good machine and probably more to your liking than USI or Crane.  It's probably the cheapest too.  For refurbished, I recommend anyone stay away from buying anything that's not MDB unless they are going to get it cheap, refurbish it and then upgrade it themselves.  A couple local distributors around here were buying AP 7000's for $200-$400/piece for a while but I think they stopped because they got pretty saturated.  I think I am going to start upgrading my APs and putting them at my better locations especially if they have USI 301x or Natonal 14x machines.  The National 145/146 machines need to go in the scrap pile while the 147/148 are questionable at best.  The USI 301x also need to go to the scrap pile too in my opinion.. but that's only because they are not aesthetically pleasing no matter what you do to them.  There is NOTHING wrong with buying machines with revision doors.  I just don't think they look that great but the InOne door looks nice and the revision Curve door looks excellent.

Archived