Starting New Business in Texas

Sherry

Hello -

I am in very early stages of starting new vending business in Texas.  I am completely new to this. I have not yet purchased any machines. As a nurse, I would love to offer healthier options, but know that a mix of both is going to probably be the most profitable. Any advice on purchasing existing routes or locations?  Where is the best place to buy machines?  What is the best credit card reader service, vending management software, etc.?  

Search for the terms you're asking about in the food and beverage sub-forum.  You are asking questions that have been discussed hundreds of times.  You need to spend months following and reading the forum just to begin to grasp what vending is all about.  Be patient and the one piece of advice I'd give you right now that is the most important is to not get caught up in any healthy vending franchise, any franchise of any kind in vending, any online machine sellers, any locators, etc. until you spend the aforementioned months reading this forum.  In case you missed it, you NEVER want to pay money for a franchise.  They are salivating over your money.

The questions you asked would take pages to explain to you so do the research first.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, my first post here.  I'm also looking to start up a vending business here in Austin.  I acquired my first machine already (free!).  I'm working on upgrading it and then plan to register with the state of Texas before I put it in service.  So be sure to check with the Texas regulations!  It seems to be straightforward from what I've seen so far.

https://comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/coin-op/

Welcome to the forum.  AZ gave you great advice on the healthy vending franchises.  Avoid them.  Vending is a lot of work but you can build a solid business.  Take your time. Good luck.

Blue Moose