Canadian Money

....is worthless to me as the bank wont take it.  One machine in particular keeps getting canadian quarters in it.  The mech is a Coinco 9302-L (I believe).  It has the 3 dip switches for settings on the inside.  I've ran a few canadian quarters through it myself.  It will accept them but gives no product credit.  (Fine by me).  However winy employees say "It stole my quarter", and I get a phone call on my personal cell phone (almost every time).  So then I give them a quarter within a day and all is good.  However due to the frequency of phone calls/notes/canadian quarters in the bin, I feel like they are abusing it (me).  In fact whenever I get a note that it stole someones quarter, there's always a canadian one in the bin.  Too much of a coincidence.  Is there a way to set the coin mech to reject canadian money so it falls out the coin return rather than into my change bucket?  Then I'll put a sign on the machine stating no canadian money.

Edited by tblake05

You could try getting it tuned to exclude Canadian coinage but I can't remember if that can be done.  You'll have to call a service center and ask but its not something you can do yourself.  On the other hand it would be easier to tune it to credit the Canadian coins which you can do.

Yes but I don't want them.  There's a quarter or two a week so not much but the second the masses realized the machines take them, all bets are off. I've got a business to run quarters are quarters, 4 make a dollar.

do you think a mars coin mech would act the same? I've got a spare I could swap in.

If you have a Mars 6010 mech it does have a switch to disable Canadian coin acceptance.  It is switch 1 which needs to be set to OFF for US coins only.  If your current coin mech is a 9302LF then you need a Mars 6010XV.

Edited by AZVendor