Need help with new machine

Hi, I recently bought a Dixie Narco model DNCB522E used. My intentions are to sell 16.9 oz water bottles in it. But I’m completely new to this. I’ve tried and read numerous things, but no success.

I’d like to know if someone can guide me to set it up, or point in the right direction, documentation, etc.

Currently, when I load the machine and test it, it vends all of the bottles loaded or gets stuck and squeezes the bottles.

It has blue vending cams and red adjustment cams. I might need help with the shimming as well.

thank you

Those bottles are too soft to vend. It’s hit and miss. It seems that when they get cold, the plastic gets even softer. 

You may have to go to a 20oz bottle and even those jam from time to time. 

I’ve had limited success with the 16.9’s by adding an extra layer of cardboard to the side spacer but even then I get jams. 

Edited by allen watson

44 minutes ago, allen watson said:

Those bottles are too soft to vend. It’s hit and miss. It seems that when they get cold, the plastic gets even softer. 

You may have to go to a 20oz bottle and even those jam from time to time. 

I’ve had limited success with the 16.9’s by adding an extra layer of cardboard to the side spacer but even then I get jams. 

Can you guide me as far as making sure the machine has the right setup?

2 hours ago, orsd said:

What drinks do you want to vend? Flavor and size.

I can then give you the appropriate guides.

I was thinking the 16.9 oz water bottles, if those are not the best ones, I’ll switch to 20oz and also the 12oz soda cans (coke, sprite, brisk, etc). 
thank you

5 hours ago, vender0625 said:

I was thinking the 16.9 oz water bottles, if those are not the best ones, I’ll switch to 20oz and also the 12oz soda cans (coke, sprite, brisk, etc). 
thank you

16.9 is not really vendible, the wide columns make it that much worse.

So here is the can guide (the guide is for a 501E, but the set up for the wide columns should work. A 522E is just a 501E with 6 wide columns instead of 8 narrow 1 wide in a 501E.)

https://rc.cranems.com/Home/Detail/can-can-12-oz-usa-2-6-4-84-501e-series-90-93-279-34

3 hours ago, orsd said:

16.9 is not really vendible, the wide columns make it that much worse.

So here is the can guide (the guide is for a 501E, but the set up for the wide columns should work. A 522E is just a 501E with 6 wide columns instead of 8 narrow 1 wide in a 501E.)

https://rc.cranems.com/Home/Detail/can-can-12-oz-usa-2-6-4-84-501e-series-90-93-279-34

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much. I see that it says “vending cam, grey” does that mean that I have to buy change mines from the blue ones to grey?