What's the best pallet jack for a DN 276?

Drcpwen

I'm possibly purchasing four or five Dixie Narco 276 units. It appears you can use a very small pallet jack from the back of the unit to lift/move it. Can anyone advise me on which pallet jack would be best or at least the best place to purchase one?

36" long and 20-22" wide.  Brands vary by what you have locally.  You'll spend about $300-350 for one new. You are incorrect though that you can move a soda machine from the rear.  That opening is just for air flow and access to the back of the cooling unit.  The exception is the USI BC10 soda machine.  If you need the right tools to move machines with then the small pallet jack is used for snack machines and you need a Dutro Brawny Brute for the soda machines.  Don't skimp on a cheaper brand.  Dutro is the best and you should get the taller model and the over the top hook instead of straps that go around the machine.  You will also want a flat four wheel dolly, or piano dolly, for snack machines to clamshell them through doorways.  Standard wheels on piano dollies won't do so you'll need to upgrade them to 4" polyurethane wheels for it.

Then to really do this right you need a pickup with a Tommy Lift on it that has at least a 6" flip on the platform.

Personally I use a Dutro Dolly. An 1888 Brawny Brute. Excellent dolly. For pallet jacks you need a short and narrow jack. However it kinda sucks using them for soda machines cause you need to tip the machine a bit to throw a 4x4 under each side so that you have the proper clearance to slide the jack under. 

As for equipment I use a lift deck trailer rented from Sunbelt rentals. The deck of the trailer lowers to ground level so you can roll a machine right on. Alternately you can rent a lift gate truck from Ryder, Penske or wherever, but try to get a rail lift unit. The regular tuckunder lifts have the platform at an angle and so it can dump a machine right off the lift if you aren’t careful.

Thanks  for your help.  With regards to the pallet Jack for the snack machine.  Is the 20-22 inch width the outside of the forks?  My standard 27 inch Jack won't work?  I'm moving my 1st snack machine this weekend.  I already have the Tommy gate and a vending dolly that's okay.  I'm going to upgrade to the Brawny Brute.  Thanks again.  Dan

Regular pallet jacks fit under full size snacks but they are too long to be useful.  Getting a short narrow jack makes all the difference and they work under a narrow snack too.