USI 3013 keeps restarting

AngryChris

I have had this problem with other 301x machines.  A slight shake or tap causes the board to restart.  I'm starting to believe it's the boards but I wonder if it could be linked to the display in this case.  Wiggling the display harness or slightly tapping the display will cause a restart.  This became apparent after replacing a Maka with a Mars.  I don't know if a solder joint may have cracked when I switched harnesses but I don't understand why or how that could make the display connections sensitive.

I have no problem using an inone board.  I just want to know if anyone knows if there could be something else.  The last machine that gave me grief ended up getting scrapped.  I only have space for the 3013 here.

Also, has anyone put a card reader on a 3013?  Should I be able to mount it at the top similar to an AP 7000?

2 hours ago, AZVendor said:

The display pinouts on the logic board probably need to be resoldered.  It's very common for them to come loose.

Does it create a short or something?  On some displays, they just stop working but the machine does not restart.  I'm happy if a new board+display resolves it.

i'm sure AZ is right, there is another thing you could check.  I have had this problem before, make sure the control board is under  the hold down tab.  There is only one, and it is easy to install the cb on top of the tab where it will still work until the machine is shaken or the door is closed and resets.

2 hours ago, sphincorp said:

i'm sure AZ is right, there is another thing you could check.  I have had this problem before, make sure the control board is under  the hold down tab.  There is only one, and it is easy to install the cb on top of the tab where it will still work until the machine is shaken or the door is closed and resets.

Is that the same thing as the standoffs?