DN-700CV Candy machine

Display showed all stars and would not vend anything. It would take all money, would not vend, but would not refund anything with the stars displayed either. Could not get into Service mode with stars in the display.  Removed power from wall and after waiting a few minutes I plugged it back in. I was able to purchase an item with no problem. Then after 20 minutes or so back to all stars on the display. 

I removed power again and this time after plugging back in I got "WA"on the display. It did not change from the "WA" even after a few minutes. One last time I tried the power and it reset to vending again. This machine is outside and it started raining so had to close it up and I know I need to check to see if I can get to Service mode when it is not displaying stars. 

Any one know where I need to start checking for the problem or what would cause this? 

Thank you.

MG

Maybe bad power such as no ground, noisy ground, low voltage, etc. Could also be bad bulbs in or near the machine.  Any bulbs that are dark at the end or are burned out can cause interference if they flicker or try to start.

7 hours ago, middleground said:

Thank you! I will check this out. I am wondering if anyone might know if there is an LED conversion kit available?  I want to reduce the cost of electric it uses anyway. 

MG 

It would probably reduce the electric bill by $0.50/month.

• 2 weeks later...

Update... 

The lights and ground check out good. 

The **** are gone now. I never did find out what the stars meant on the display. The display now says "WA" after a few minutes like it is timing out for some reason. I did see the display timeout to "WAIT" so I can see the display is working in all columns and then go to "WA" cutting off the last two letters. I unplugged the machine and it resets and I could now add money, but the display will read 1.00 for bills after inserting it and then the display will then show '00' cutting off the 1. at the beginning if you don't get your change in fast enough. Basically it appears to be timing out repeatedly after several minutes just after unplugging the power and restoring it. And even with the display at '00' from reading the dollar bill that was inserted,  it will still take coin change and not allow any refunds at all.  

I also unplugged the machine to reset it and I went into diagnostics to run some tests. Then after a few minutes the display went to '--' (two dashes) and I had to unplug it to reset it again. This kept happening so I couldn't run any diagnostics before it needed to be reset again. The DN-700 CV  is no longer in service until I can figure out what is going on.

Also,  I can only get into the Service Mode menu when the machine is unplugged and reset.  I never reached the 2 minute timeout from inactivity while in service mode because I was always trying to scroll through the menu before it locked me out and then back to resetting the machine by removing power.

This machine has completely lots its mind! Has anyone seen anything like this before? 

MG

I'm so new to this that I was really hoping it would be something else. I have a 16 page Installation/Programming guide and this DN 700 CV. Apparently this machine is trying to find every way to not work.  Had problems with the bill validator and upgraded to an MEI earlier this year.  Now it might be the Controller Logic Board. Ugh!

Simple answer is I have not replaced it because I wasn't really sure. The door tag says it is a DN 700CV HE/SII  10.  I'm guessing it is SII Controller logic board. It looks more like the SIIDE from pictures though.  Is there a serial number on the board that tells me which one it is for sure?  Once I figure that out, then is a purchased one already programmed? 

I also found a DN Series II operation manual and it only lists up to DN 600. I have had the hardest time trying to find any info on the 700. Any site or source you would recommend to locate a parts list and troubleshooting information? 

MG