genesis GO-380 combo machine

daniel5502

So from what iv'e read so far i bought a not so good combo machine ....great lol . Well good news everything works so far except the coin acceptor. When i plug it in sometimes it lights up but then turns off, but when it is on it still doesn't accept coins all the time. can it possibly just be the wire leading to the coin acceptor not giving it full power?

what type of coin acceptor do you have in there? is it a blue/purple one or is it a coinco? if its the blue/purple one, i would find another one on eBay and see if the other one can get fixed, most of the time the sensors go bad. if its the coinco unit then you might have to clean the sensors on the top inside part of the unit.

you might try this first - disconnect from the board (small plug on back of acceptor) and reconnect after a minute.  Then try several of each coin in order (5, 10, 25, $) while looking at the small LED display on the side of the acceptor.  it should show 1, 2, 3, or 4 depending on the coin.  Pushing the black button programs a coin OUT of the unit (why - who knows???) but sometimes you can reteach the unit to take coins. 

So that's another issue the coin acceptor will turn on and off im not sure if its the connection on the coin acceptor itself or the plug is loose and not making good connection since its old. But if i can get it to stay on ill definitely try that trick of reprogramming it. Also i was messing with the black button when i was putting coins threw it !! Why would they program out a coin !?!?!? I did take apart the acceptor and it has criss cross wires on the back whoever worked on it was bypassing something wrong with it . then theu super glued the whole thing together! Took me forever to take it apart and not completely destroy it.

• 1 year later...