My new custom painted machines

iwannaapple

I came upon a couple of A&A machines. Don't know what which ones they are but they have these round circular pieces around the key hole on the lid that really make them pop. I haven't seen those before.

Any way, my wife customized it to make them look like wood. I want to keep these machines because they are in mint condition and these pictures don't even do them justice.  They actually take my breath away every time I look at them. I showed a friend and he must have had the same experience because he said "What color was the WOOD originally?". It took him a second to realize they were metal after I had to tell him.

Is there a demand for these and how much could we sell it for? She is thinking about doing more to sell.

She would love your comments. 

customMachine (3 of 11).jpg

customMachine (5 of 11).jpg

1 hour ago, iwannaapple said:

I came upon a couple of A&A machines. Don't know what which ones they are but they have these round circular pieces around the key hole on the lid that really make them pop. I haven't seen those before.

Any way, my wife customized it to make them look like wood. I want to keep these machines because they are in mint condition and these pictures don't even do them justice.  They actually take my breath away every time I look at them. I showed a friend and he must have had the same experience because he said "What color was the WOOD originally?". It took him a second to realize they were metal after I had to tell him.

Is there a demand for these and how much could we sell it for? She is thinking about doing more to sell.

I actually don't know what "hydro dipped" means. What is that? My wife did this with a paint brush and then applied poly urethane. She first started doing stainless steel cups and making them look like wood such as a silver-ish Dallas cowboys wooden themed cup. I asked her to do the same thing to a candy machine and this is what she came out with.

Thanks for the compliment. I'll tell her.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NYCandyMan said:

they look really nice, this would be something for home use, and you can probably sell them for just above the going price, not retail price, its will be a collectors items eventually.

Why do you say  "home use"? Aren't they good enough to be located in a business? They are actually bigger then my other machines and work just as good. I think they were made in the early 90's before A&A went Chinese. I think the newest quarter I pulled out of it was 1995. I pulled $131 out of it so I know it works reasonable well. Not like my Beaver mechs but they seem just as good as other popular mechs. I do like them though, especially now. 

And most importantly, if you thought they were hydro dipped then that is just about the biggest compliment that she could get especially when she did this by hand with a paint brush. Thanks

Are there problems with these mechs that I don't know about? I wasn't trying to differ with you. I just really wanted to know. Most of my machines are Beavers and are trouble free. This is the first A&A.

Edited by iwannaapple
Just editing

18 hours ago, iwannaapple said:

These are A & A PN95 machines. Pretty common. They are a clone of the Northwestern Super 60. The paint job does look nice and would work well in any commercial location or for a man cave. The price range for these are anywhere from $30 to $75 per head. Not sure how much you can add for the paint job. Generally you don't see alot of custom painted equipment out on the streets because it is just too time consuming to do it on a large scale. Either way you go she does nice work.

On 11/18/2019 at 6:51 PM, AMD Snacks said:

These are gorgeous! I have no idea if there's a market for them, but they would sure do great to set your machines apart from competition. 

They do sell custom machines on ebay upwards of $300. They just mainly consist of a coat of paint, a pin stripe and a few stickers. My wife figured she could go a step further in custom painting and sell 4 or 5 a year but we don't know if their would be a demand? Their seems to be on ebay.

Thanks for the compliment. I told her but I would have to say that they are even more stunning in person.

Right now I have them sitting next to some "custom" machines (coca cola & Dr. Pepper) that I did buy from ebay. Their is absolutely NO comparison and I really do think people would enjoy her work if we decided to sell custom machines!

On 11/12/2019 at 4:14 PM, gumball guy said:

These are A & A PN95 machines. Pretty common. They are a clone of the Northwestern Super 60. The paint job does look nice and would work well in any commercial location or for a man cave. The price range for these are anywhere from $30 to $75 per head. Not sure how much you can add for the paint job. Generally you don't see alot of custom painted equipment out on the streets because it is just too time consuming to do it on a large scale. Either way you go she does nice work.

Maybe one day people will start sending us their machines for a custom paint job. Who knows?