Crane 472 Food

Kingpacks

I have a 472 food machine that was freezing up on initial upload . I replaced the Atlas board and then the refrigeration part started up and then stopped so I then thought i would replace the IO board and and I still had the same issue.. I checked all of the wires for breaks or any damages and none.  What would you recommend ?

What is the Atlas board.  I've never heard of that part.  If your condenser fan in front of the compressor stays on while the compressor is off then you have a compressor problem, probably low freon or it may be a bad compressor.  If the compressor and it's fan both turn off then check your set points for the cooling.  Cut in will be about 40-42 deg and the cut out will be about 36 deg.

Go to the test menu and test all of the refrigeration systems, compressor, fans, etc. Could be a relay in the power supply . Make sure your evaporator fan is working. Could also be the evaporator temp sensor. They fail a lot. 

• 6 months later...

I have a merchant combo and it is not cooling originally replaced cooling unit because the condenser was not getting frost buildup,  but then the new unit did the same thing . I check cold control and it was working. Then I tried to run the diagnostic but when I clicked on it the display did nothing..  this is in a prison so it's very difficult to get in multiple times.

Any ideas would greatly help..

There are 3 temperature sensors: cabinet, condenser and evaporator. any one of these going bad can shut you down. Look down into the air intake. One sensor should be out in the cold air stream, the other pushed into the evap coil. If both are in the coil, that's your problem. The one in the air stream is your main sensor.