Pre Univendor Vendo

nrod7

I am working on a Vendo with this type of motor assembly (see picture).

One of the motors had the wires disconnected.  When connected the Green cam continuously turns.  The reason is that the black brake arm is

missing.  

What is the correct name for this missing black part that stops the cam from turning continuously?

I need this part,  Does anyone have one I can purchase?

Also,  the machine is not accepting coins ( no bill validator).  I have already replaced the coin mech from the Coinco distributor in my city.    I 

checked all the other motor/cams and they in the "home" position.

COULD, the motor assembly with the wires disconnected be causing problems with the coin mech ( breaking the circuit)?  The machine not accepting coins was 

the initial reason for the service call.

What else should I check?

Respectfully,

nrod7

s-l500.jpg

Junk it.  There are no parts except for scrap and even if you get it working the chance that you will have vending problems is magnified by it's age.  This is a lowering shelf machine that is way to old to run consistently in a location.

That is exactly what I told Him.  I told him I had a multi-price Dixie Narco I would sell him.

I talked to him today, and told him a long time professional highly recommended upgrading.

He told me it has sentimental value.  He ask me to try one more time to fix it.  I have always valued your advice AZ,

Any suggestions,  for attempting to trouble shoot the problem one more time.

Thanks,

nrod7

It could be the motor. Make sure it has at least 1 selection not sold out though, a completely sold out machine will not take coins.

Hop on eBay and find a replacement motor. Or at least connect the switches on the existing motor. 

Do however warn him that while it may allow it to accept coins, that particular column may never vend again, and have to be kept empty. Lowering shelf vendo columns have a tendency of going out of wack and never vending right again due to wear and tear.

Edited by orsd

Thanks for the reply.   

The motor is turning the cam when the wires are reconnected.   But this column is missing the black plastic arm that stops the cam each vend.

Wear and tear is certainly a big factor.

Respectfully,

nrod7