Vendnovation board?

AngryChris

I have this board in a USI machine.  It was difficult to figure out what it was at first.  I guess it's a retrofit board.  This board will work with cash.  It will work with cards, but it glitches if you do both.  I tested the card reader and it was 100%.  I then made a cash purchase and it showed $0-** on the first dollar and $1.** On the next.  I then made a selection and it showed a $10 credit and gave me back 40 quarters.  I could reproduce this by making a card sale THEN cash.

Should I just call USI and replace this with a USI board?  I unplugged the reader for now.  I don't know enough about the board to know if there's a setting.  I bought this used and only have written instructions.  I'm hoping someone else has dealt with these and there's a fix.  It also appears that this board was intended to be used with coinco devices, including the reader.

Vendnovation boards are not retrofit boards they are used in special dispensing units such as tool vendors, gyms, some special retail situations some versions take cash but I don't remember any working with standard card readers. You would need to purchase a Vendnovation Card reader and they are not cheap. Vendnovation boards connect to the internet and allow the end user to be able to see the data on a web portal. If I where you I would find a original USI board to replace it with.

1 hour ago, venddoctor said:

Vendnovation boards are not retrofit boards they are used in special dispensing units such as tool vendors, gyms, some special retail situations some versions take cash but I don't remember any working with standard card readers. You would need to purchase a Vendnovation Card reader and they are not cheap. Vendnovation boards connect to the internet and allow the end user to be able to see the data on a web portal. If I where you I would find a original USI board to replace it with.

I'm guessing it's an sm6 or GVC board.  I think it's a 3503?  3-wide snack.

Should all of the harnesses be the same?

Does it have a two line display? If so it is GVC (I am unaware of any SM6 versions with Vendnovation boards). Yes all the harnessing is the same.

On second thought if it has a dex harness (which would be unusual with vendnovation since they are internet capable) you would need to remove the small jumper harness plugged into the Dex harness then plug the Dex harness into the new control board. The transmit and receive lines are reversed on Vendnovation boards.

Edited by venddoctor

1 hour ago, venddoctor said:

Does it have a two line display? If so it is GVC (I am unaware of any SM6 versions with Vendnovation boards). Yes all the harnessing is the same.

On second thought if it has a dex harness (which would be unusual with vendnovation since they are internet capable) you would need to remove the small jumper harness plugged into the Dex harness then plug the Dex harness into the new control board. The transmit and receive lines are reversed on Vendnovation boards.

Off the top of my head, I am pretty sure it is a 2-line display.  I looked for a dex harness to plug the reader into but I couldn't find one.  It did have some kind of IR scanner looking thing mounted in the top cutout.  I usually don't plug the dex harnesses in anyway as I still don't know what the benefit is but I am starting to wonder if it helps with better prekitting.  I really want to get rid of this odd board though.

Thanks for your help.  You should be getting paid!  I have a feeling that crane might want to dump their vending side of things.  Who knows what kind of opportunity that would have when the other companies swallow up the market share.

This sounds like the stupid board that USI puts on some machines for special use like location-specific debit cards for gyms.  That is why it has a scanner.  They are junk and sometimes get sold in the used market when a gym, etc., closes.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AZVendor said:

This sounds like the stupid board that USI puts on some machines for special use like location-specific debit cards for gyms.  That is why it has a scanner.  They are junk and sometimes get sold in the used market when a gym, etc., closes.  

You are correct that is this board.

11 hours ago, AngryChris said:

Off the top of my head, I am pretty sure it is a 2-line display.  I looked for a dex harness to plug the reader into but I couldn't find one.  It did have some kind of IR scanner looking thing mounted in the top cutout.  I usually don't plug the dex harnesses in anyway as I still don't know what the benefit is but I am starting to wonder if it helps with better prekitting.  I really want to get rid of this odd board though.

Thanks for your help.  You should be getting paid!  I have a feeling that crane might want to dump their vending side of things.  Who knows what kind of opportunity that would have when the other companies swallow up the market share.

Make sure to get a GVC2 board.

• Like 1